Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy 2020 Forrester Limited ( no HK sound no NAV) with $32,000 MSRP. Best dealer price so far is $28,000 before doc, title, tax. Dealer won’t include 0% Subaru Financing. I was hoping on a great deal given the economic crisis and get 15% off MSRP at $27,000 with 0%. Am I being unrealistic?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Putting it blunt, yes a little unrealistic... However, given the nature of the industry right now, you may get what you want or close to it. I would say the $28k is good for the Limited without the HK & NAV package. When I got mine last week, (Limited w/HK & NAV) I told them the 0% was the driving factor and if they couldn't work it out, then I wasn't interested. Play that angle and walk away from the deal if they don't play ball. They WILL call you back...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting it blunt, yes a little unrealistic... However, given the nature of the industry right now, you may get what you want or close to it. I would say the $28k is good for the Limited without the HK & NAV package. When I got mine last week, (Limited w/HK & NAV) I told them the 0% was the driving factor and if they couldn't work it out, then I wasn't interested. Play that angle and walk away from the deal if they don't play ball. They WILL call you back...
Thank you for your insight. I’ve had many dealers pass on offering the 0% with lower pricing. I wonder how much, if any, the 0% program costs them given Subaru is subsidizing the financing.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
43 Posts
1. Where are you located?
2. How much is the doc fee?
3. A limited with no options (I think that's very rare until you do a factory order.) has an MSRP of $32,105 and an invoice of $30,072. Is that what you have?
4. $27,000 is about $3K under invoice which is what I got (plus $299 for doc fee) and I got 0% for 63 months. I'm in Maryland.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1. Where are you located?
2. How much is the doc fee?
3. A limited with no options (I think that's very rare until you do a factory order.) has an MSRP of $32,105 and an invoice of $30,072. Is that what you have?
4. $27,000 is about $3K under invoice which is what I got (plus $299 for doc fee) and I got 0% for 63 months. I'm in Maryland.
Congrats on the $27K price. Thanks for the info. When I bought my Subaru Outback years ago I negotiated $5K off MSRP. My pricing goal for the Forrester Limited was to get $5K off as well. Maybe I’ll hold out further to get under $28K. Seems like the dealers just are not desperate. Which you’d think given April is going to be an even worse Economic period they’d do a deal. I am in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the $27K price. Thanks for the info. When I bought my Subaru Outback years ago I negotiated $5K off MSRP. My pricing goal for the Forrester Limited was to get $5K off as well. Maybe I’ll hold out further to get under $28K. Seems like the dealers just are not desperate. Which you’d think given April is going to be an even worse Economic period they’d do a deal. I am in Massachusetts.
I’m looking at a touring with popular package 2 - MSRP of $36,811. Best price so far for me is $32,000. A local dealer near me has limiteds for ~$3,500 off MSRP.

I‘d say you’re getting a pretty good deal with what you have. I’ve called numerous dealers (including out of state) and no one will beat a sale price of $32,000 (OTD at 34.4). Also considering Forester production has been temporarily suspended, we may see a supply issue in the coming months. Another local dealer that is known for giving away these vehicles won’t budge either because “they aren’t sure how many foresters they will be able to get hold of in the coming months.”

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s a good point on inventory. I know dealers are not doing swaps between dealers like they used to. It’s a crap shoot to wait it out. As we get into April inventories will be low. Maybe waiting until May or June might load lots up again and dealers more likely to deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
That’s a good point on inventory. I know dealers are not doing swaps between dealers like they used to. It’s a crap shoot to wait it out. As we get into April inventories will be low. Maybe waiting until May or June might load lots up again and dealers more likely to deal.
Yeah, I’m not sure what to think. Wait too long and you risk 2021 models which they likely wont wheel and deal on. Only would be good if they have what you want as a 2020 leftover. I’m looking for Green Touring with Saddle interior, and those seem to move the quickest.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, I’m not sure what to think. Wait too long and you risk 2021 models which they likely wont wheel and deal on. Only would be good if they have what you want as a 2020 leftover. I’m looking for Green Touring with Saddle interior, and those seem to move the quickest.
Not sure where you’re located but I did come across this at the dealership I bought my limited from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not sure where you’re located but I did come across this at the dealership I bought my limited from.

I’m located in central NC. Ended up picking up a touring at one of the only dealerships that had what I wanted and was willing to negotiate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts