Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester CVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I've had my 2020 Forester Sport for just over 24 hours and am very excited to seek out the resources this forum has to offer! This is my first Subaru and my last car was a 2016 Ford Focus Titanium, so there are a fair amount of differences to get used to. I was looking to upgrade to something a little bigger and more capable and, after doing a bunch of research on the competition, settled on the Forester for its combination of looks, safety features, and capability. So far, the only adventure I've had has been commuting to/from work but my end goal is to have a comfortable sleeping setup I can put in the back to do some car camping and hiking. Hopefully, I can find some great ideas and advice on accessories, modifications, and how-tos from the Forester experts.

I'm pleased to finally join the Subaru community and happy to be doing it in a Forester!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,838 Posts
Welcome from (used to live in) Columbia. You might be our first 2020 member.

Where in Maryland? Get to know our friend Jackie in the parts department at Annapolis Subaru, one of our supporting vendors. Tell her you're one of us for that extra $pecial treatment.

·
Registered
2020 Forester CVT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from (used to live in) Columbia. You might be our first 2020 member.

Where in Maryland? Get to know our friend Jackie in the parts department at Annapolis Subaru, one of our supporting vendors. Tell her you're one of us for that extra $pecial treatment.
Thanks @bbottomley , I'm located in Southern Maryland/Calvert County but did buy my Forester from Annapolis Subaru. I had a very nice experience with the whole process of buying the car - much better than at Ford. :cool:

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring (Blue EXT/ Black INT)
20 Posts
I just ordered 2020 Forester Touring yesterday, expecting delivery in 6 weeks.

Looking forward to it, especially since this will be our first Subaru.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good to see some specific 2020 posts. I've had mine a month now. Enjoying it but still in the learning stages. Got to drive it in snow last night which was interesting. Handles very differently than my Santa Fe did. In 4" of wet stuff it seemed to track very straight. Even when in deeper un-tracked snow on the side of the road, when it felt the resistance of the snow was pulling me towards the shoulder, a little touch of the gas brought it right back to where I wanted to be. The set of new Blizzak DMs may have had a lot to do with it too. Very impressed so far.Love the android Auto.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! I’m also a new 2020 Subaru owner. Just got my car a few days ago.

I’ve had my last car (2011 Honda CRV) for almost 10 years, so I’m a little sad I had to let it go. I love how my Forester drives, but I’m still getting used to the Apple CarPlay. Anyone have any tricks?

For example, if I’m using maps on apple car play and listening to music, when the turn instructions come on, the front speakers cut out the music this isn’t something I’m used to, and was wondering if anyone else felt annoyed initially but eventually got used to it.

thanks!

MC

·
Registered
46 Posts
That's just a standard protocol so you don't miss an announcement. Some vehicles let you adjust the volume of the notification or the amount the other sound is reduced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts