Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

921 - 940 of 980 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
how and when did you get the coupon? I built up one in late June and did not receive the coupon. Thanks
Sorry for the late reply. I just checked my emails, and it took a week to receive. I did the build and requested quotes on 6/17, and got the $500 discount email on 6/24, for use by 6/30.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2020 Forester Premium Crimson Red Pearl
MSRP $30,161
Sale price $27,300
OTD price $29,295.30
In Virginia , dealer's fee - $699

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
89 Posts
Is the factory still doing builds? My local dealer said that factory builds are suspended?
The Indiana factory that builds the Ascent, Outback, Legacy, etc., is operational. One could presume that the factory in Japan that produces the Forester is running (they also make engines, etc., for the US-built models over there) but remember that the transportation chain for the Forester involves big ships for a good part of the journey.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
67 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anybody feels what the Subaru dealership is offering on the Forester line is still super high despite the downturn in the market?
Dealers in Southern California can't keep Foresters in stock. Three cars I was ready to buy were sold before I could jump on them in a 2-week period. The dealer I like best has a total of one Sport, which is the trim level I want.

There's little reason for them to be doing bargain basement deals here, at least.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
49 Posts
Dealers in Southern California can't keep Foresters in stock. Three cars I was ready to buy were sold before I could jump on them in a 2-week period. The dealer I like best has a total of one Sport, which is the trim level I want.

There's little reason for them to be doing bargain basement deals here, at least.
One member here tried to get a deal done with the Maryland dealer where I got mine four months ago. The deal seems to be around $1,600 higher than mine and since July 1st, Maryland dealers are allowed to charge up to $500 in doc fee, up from $300. Inventory seems to be down 50%. Plus no more Chase/build coupons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anybody feels what the Subaru dealership is offering on the Forester line is still super high despite the downturn in the market?
From what I've read, forester sales have declined far less than anything else Subaru has (less than many other manufacturers too for that matter). I think they're even up this may and June from last years sales. Dealerships have no reason to drop their prices on them right now. They're selling.

March and April look to have been the best months to buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in New York and haven't seen anything super great. I can't get anyone below invoice price and I'm debating whether or not to just take that. Several dealerships wouldn't even go that low because they claim that they aren't getting many more 2020s but aren't getting the 2021s until October.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, I went to a Subaru dealership in Atlanta. This is the pricing sheet for a base touring. There is obviously a lot of inflation of the invoice price, and tax here is 6.6%. I'm wondering what numbers I can throw around to reduce the price. If anybody has recently purchased a Touring, what did you pay for price and OTD? Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated. The Jasper Green with Saddle Brown leather looks so nice.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
2,103 Posts
Wow, $689 is the highest doc fee that I have ever seen. What are the $193 government fees all about- registration maybe? Find out the dealer invoice price of the car - the dealer should be willing to share that because the dealer hopes you think that "invoice" is his cost of the car. Actual dealer cost is below dealer invoice because of "holdback" and other incentives. Shop around until you find a dealer willing to sell for at least $1000 below dealer invoice. $1500 below is a good deal and $2000+ below invoice is a great deal. Do all of your negotiating on-line, not at the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Closed on a 2020 Grey Forester Premium with option pkg 15 yesterday in MD. $26500 sale price not including DOC/tax/title. Have heard the same things others are saying. My local dealer in Philly said $28000 was the lowest they could go since they can’t even keep Foresters in stock right now. I might have been able to get it slightly lower but was just ready to buy. I contacted over 20 dealerships. Most wouldn’t go below invoice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes, I went to a Subaru dealership in Atlanta. This is the pricing sheet for a base touring. There is obviously a lot of inflation of the invoice price, and tax here is 6.6%. I'm wondering what numbers I can throw around to reduce the price. If anybody has recently purchased a Touring, what did you pay for price and OTD? Any advice or ideas would be much appreciated. The Jasper Green with Saddle Brown leather looks so nice.

View attachment 537690
With a MSRP of $36,692, there must be a package or a few factory single options on the vehicle in question. Having said that, I don't think you are going be be able to beat a COSTCO price in today's market without driving to a distant dealer and putting up a real fight. Can it be done? Yes. But is it worth it? Prior to the Covid-19 shutdowns and supply chain interuptions, you could easily beat that deal. One thing you should question is the "Government Fees" of $193 and the high Doc fee of $699. But to get a $3213 discount without a fight is pretty good ... in today's tight supply situation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Wow, $689 is the highest doc fee that I have ever seen. What are the $193 government fees all about- registration maybe? Find out the dealer invoice price of the car - the dealer should be willing to share that because the dealer hopes you think that "invoice" is his cost of the car. Actual dealer cost is below dealer invoice because of "holdback" and other incentives. Shop around until you find a dealer willing to sell for at least $1000 below dealer invoice. $1500 below is a good deal and $2000+ below invoice is a great deal. Do all of your negotiating on-line, not at the dealership.
I paid $799 dealer processing / doc fee last Saturday in VA, but I still was OTD for $25,931.50 for a 2020 silver 2020 Forester Premium with Option Package 14 and accessories (mirror compass w/homelink, all weather floor liners, rear bumper cover and cargo tray). The dealer processing fees are ridiculous, but I do not care if I pay a dealer processing fee of $25,930 and $1 for the car or $25,930 for the car and $1 for the dealer processing fee. It's all about the total sales price. The other things that add to the OTD price are usually beyond your control like taxes, tags, title, etc. but in most states the dealer processing fee is the most they are allowed to charge and it has to be disclosed, but it is far from mandatory. Again, if they want to act like it is mandatory, then they can take money off the price of the car. The dealers are trying to make money on every single part of the transaction i.e. sales price, trade in, dealer processing, finance, extended warranty, maintenance package, accessories, appearance packages, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Closed on a 2020 Grey Forester Premium with option pkg 15 yesterday in MD. $26500 sale price not including DOC/tax/title. Have heard the same things others are saying. My local dealer in Philly said $28000 was the lowest they could go since they can’t even keep Foresters in stock right now. I might have been able to get it slightly lower but was just ready to buy. I contacted over 20 dealerships. Most wouldn’t go below invoice.
Nice. That's what I wanted to pay for mine. I had the same issue; no one around here was willing to go below invoice at all. I had to travel out of the city, but not too far, for the only below invoice deal I was given. I didn't contact nearly as many dealerships as you though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice. That's what I wanted to pay for mine. I had the same issue; no one around here was willing to go below invoice at all. I had to travel out of the city, but not too far, for the only below invoice deal I was given. I didn't contact nearly as many dealerships as you though.
I was pretty set on getting $26-26500. For a while it didn’t seem like anyone would go that low. It came down to maybe 3 dealerships that I went back and forth with to get that price. This was the first time I bought a car. I learned a lot for next time I have to buy one.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I paid $799 dealer processing / doc fee last Saturday in VA, but I still was OTD for $25,931.50 for a 2020 silver 2020 Forester Premium with Option Package 14 and accessories (mirror compass w/homelink, all weather floor liners, rear bumper cover and cargo tray). The dealer processing fees are ridiculous, but I do not care if I pay a dealer processing fee of $25,930 and $1 for the car or $25,930 for the car and $1 for the dealer processing fee. It's all about the total sales price. The other things that add to the OTD price are usually beyond your control like taxes, tags, title, etc. but in most states the dealer processing fee is the most they are allowed to charge and it has to be disclosed, but it is far from mandatory. Again, if they want to act like it is mandatory, then they can take money off the price of the car. The dealers are trying to make money on every single part of the transaction i.e. sales price, trade in, dealer processing, finance, extended warranty, maintenance package, accessories, appearance packages, etc.
You said your Out The Door price, including VA 4% sales tax, title and license transfer, for a Premium was $25,931.50 last Saturday? Could you please tell me what your MSRP was for the vehicle? Did you have any loyalty coupons or Subaru coupons? Veteran rebate? Could you tell me the name of the dealership and your salesman name? I'd love to pick up a Premium for my son ... especially at that price with a $799 Doc fee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
In NYC, I paid $34k for my Touring plus taxes, fees, etc. Out-the-door price was $37,200, which includes body side molding, auto-dimming mirrors (rear-view and side), door edge guards, floor liners, rear bumper cover, rear seatback protector, remote enigne start and side window deflectors.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring w/PP 41. Horizon Blue with Saddle Brown Interior
1 Posts
North Texas/DFW area-2020 Touring with Preferred Package 2 (41) plus assorted mats, etc. for $33,495+TTL; There are a good many in stock around here, but getting the specific color combination was challenging.

921 - 940 of 980 Posts