Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

861 - 878 of 878 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
How can I get the coupon?
You need to a) Be a current Subaru owner and b) call Subaru of America and ask them for a loyalty coupon. However, it's all rather hit-or-miss it seems. The first time I called the rep I spoke to said he was not aware of any loyalty coupon and directed me to the current offers on Subaru's website. So, I waited and called back later in the day and got a different rep. He ended up telling me the same thing. I politely pressed and asked, "So there's nothing you guys can offer towards the purchase of a new Subaru?" Ultimately he was like, "Ok, I'm going to make an exception and allow a $500 coupon". He was very cool about it. He admitted that he saw in the notes I had called earlier and what the previous rep had told me. He also admitted they have a script they read regarding the coupons as they are trying to change the expectations for such coupons. He knows that people discuss these coupons on forums exactly like we are doing right now. I overall got the impression they're trying to prevent the coupon as being an assumed given. Long story short: it all depends on who you get and how nice you are. If one rep tells you no, politely level with them and say you know they're not supposed to offer them outright and ask if there's anything else he can do. Or try calling back and getting a different rep. Like I said, the second guy I got was really straightforward and cool about the whole deal. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pro tip on the loyalty coupon: If you ask nicely for it, they might give you the $750 one instead.

I'm getting ready to spend mine soon...

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife literally just asked if she could get the $750 loyalty coupon instead of the $500 one and they sent it along.

No guarantees, but worth a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am about to seal the deal on a 2020 Forester Limited with Nav System/Driver Assist Tech/Heated Steering Wheel package, and Popular Package #3. This is a lease. Just dickering over some minor things at this point. Also, sold my leased 2018 Limited for $3,000 above pay off (Carvana).

Area: Los Angeles
MSRP: $34833
Invoice: $32,153
Price: $31303 (plus drive off)
Price after $750 customer loyalty coupon: $30553 (plus drive off)

I tried for a build and price coupon, but haven't heard anything yet.

I have seen this trim w/ same options go for a bit less than $31330, but I am not sure if I can get it lower. Three other dealers told me they couldn't match the price, yet alone beat it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am about to seal the deal on a 2020 Forester Limited with Nav System/Driver Assist Tech/Heated Steering Wheel package, and Popular Package #3. This is a lease. Just dickering over some minor things at this point. Also, sold my leased 2018 Limited for $3,000 above pay off (Carvana).

Area: Los Angeles
MSRP: $34833
Invoice: $32,153
Price: $31303 (plus drive off)
Price after $750 customer loyalty coupon: $30553 (plus drive off)

I tried for a build and price coupon, but haven't heard anything yet.

I have seen this trim w/ same options go for a bit less than $31330, but I am not sure if I can get it lower. Three other dealers told me they couldn't match the price, yet alone beat it.
Hi, Congrats on the deal! I am wondering that whether this price is OTD or not? Also, does this price (30553) is subtracted from your trade in? Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for help on the estimated price for 2020 Forester limited w/rear bumper & splash guard. MSRP ~32700. Currently got two offers, 1 is OTD $32398 (Sales price $29904). 2 is OTD 33062. This is a bit surprising for me since the OTD is higher than MSRP, since I saw many posts here that got OTD below MSRP. I am just wondering that whether this is actually a reasonable price? I have no trade-in and live in MA.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m certain you can do better. I don’t know what the market is like in MA, but by my math, the first deal is roughly $300 under invoice. I purchased a Limited less than a month ago and was almost $1500 under invoice. If you haven’t built the car out on NADAguides.com to find invoice you need to do so to have an apples to apples comparison. If the dealerships are in different towns then the tax could be different which adds another comparison level to the deal. I based everything on Under invoice. I suggest calling or emailing other dealerships. I chose to deal exclusively with internet sales people as I found they were the easiest to work with and gave the best deals with the least amount of hassle. I also used the form email from Realcartips.com as the standard request of every dealership. Keep at it and hopefully you will score a screaming deal!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m certain you can do better. I don’t know what the market is like in MA, but by my math, the first deal is roughly $300 under invoice. I purchased a Limited less than a month ago and was almost $1500 under invoice. If you haven’t built the car out on NADAguides.com to find invoice you need to do so to have an apples to apples comparison. If the dealerships are in different towns then the tax could be different which adds another comparison level to the deal. I based everything on Under invoice. I suggest calling or emailing other dealerships. I chose to deal exclusively with internet sales people as I found they were the easiest to work with and gave the best deals with the least amount of hassle. I also used the form email from Realcartips.com as the standard request of every dealership. Keep at it and hopefully you will score a screaming deal!
Hi ItsKrysto,

Thank you for your info and congrats on your deal! I just visited a dealer who gave me the best deal so far (MSRP 33000 and OTD 31800) but it turns out that 1: The car has ~100 miles on it and 2: There is a weird sharp metal noise behind the wheel. Also the car arrived last Nov.. Thus I decide to turn down the offer since I don't know what's the problem. I end up having a not pleasant experience since the sales person is "too straightforward".

I have used NADAguides and it shows that the invoice for my build is around 30600 (For an original 32800 MSRP). Thus so far I cannot find a deal which gives me 1500 under invoice but I will keep looking.

I do have few questions though, and I hope that you can answer them for me.

1. How do you usually find the internet sales people? I tried to submit a quote online, call in and email, but it seems that they relay me to a sales person every time. I haven't used Realcartips.com yet, but I will give it a shot.

2. I noticed that both KBB and Edmunds put the invoice price less than average "suggested sale price". Thus I am wondering that whether 1500 under invoice is normal for Forester or it is a very great deal? According to KBB and Edmunds it would be way below the low bar of the suggested price. Maybe it is because of the region.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Peter

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for help on the estimated price for 2020 Forester limited w/rear bumper & splash guard. MSRP ~32700. Currently got two offers, 1 is OTD $32398 (Sales price $29904). 2 is OTD 33062. This is a bit surprising for me since the OTD is higher than MSRP, since I saw many posts here that got OTD below MSRP. I am just wondering that whether this is actually a reasonable price? I have no trade-in and live in MA.

Thank you!
I suggest you jump to page 14 of this thread and look for the table that was put together. It will give you an idea of what you're shooting for in terms of sales price on a limited.

I used it as a starting point on what number to ask for once the dealer said "what did you want to pay?" After speaking with many dealers in my area, it seems that they werent willing to go as low as I had hoped, or as low as many in this thread have been getting. I was actually told I was miles away from what they would sell it for. However, I did find one that was only 1k higher than the price I asked for and they gave me more than expected for my trade. No others around me would even match their sales price..let alone beat it. I don't like the car buying process. It stresses me out..so paying that extra 1k was worth it to me for my sanity and the ability to have a new car now. My old car felt unsafe and also needed to be inspected in August..which would have put a nice dent in my down payment on a new one had I kept it past then.

So, to me, it's a balancing act once you get all of your information together. What's a good price; what are dealers in your specific area (and any places you're willing to travel to to get your car) offering; and what you can and are willing to pay?

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I suggest you jump to page 14 of this thread and look for the table that was put together. It will give you an idea of what you're shooting for in terms of sales price on a limited.

I used it as a starting point on what number to ask for once the dealer said "what did you want to pay?" After speaking with many dealers in my area, it seems that they werent willing to go as low as I had hoped, or as low as many in this thread have been getting. I was actually told I was miles away from what they would sell it for. However, I did find one that was only 1k higher than the price I asked for and they gave me more than expected for my trade. No others around me would even match their sales price..let alone beat it. I don't like the car buying process. It stresses me out..so paying that extra 1k was worth it to me for my sanity and the ability to have a new car now. My old car felt unsafe and also needed to be inspected in August..which would have put a nice dent in my down payment on a new one had I kept it past then.

So, to me, it's a balancing act once you get all of your information together. What's a good price; what are dealers in your specific area (and any places you're willing to travel to to get your car) offering; and what you can and are willing to pay?

Good luck!
Hi Blckhlsn19,

Thank you so much for your info! Yeah I looked at the post that you mentioned and it seems that I should be aiming for a 85%-90% of MSRP for a reasonable deal. So far only one dealer offered my within that range but the condition of the car is not acceptable for me. I would keep looking around. I think that I started asking for offers at a wrong time (which is June. 30, the last day of their mid-year sales). After this, I am wondering that they may even raise the offer, but there is an independence day again...Agreed that it is definitely stressful!

·
Premium Member
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
7 Posts
I just took delivery of a 2020 Forester Touring.... its sticker was $36.5K. They threw in another $500 of options so $37K total. Got it for $34K... then throw in the the $500 subaru repeat offender discount, and they gave me an extra $1K on my trade in over bluebook.. a fair deal i think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my 2020 Forester Touring yesterday. My first Subaru, excited to join the club! I think I got a pretty good deal from Berman in Chicago. I qualified for Subaru VIP but their sale price was even better.
MSRP: $36,590
Invoice: $33,913
Sale Price: $31,529

I also broke the rule of never getting an extended warranty, but I got the 8 yr/80k Gold Plus for $1090. I keep my cars for a long time and this seemed like a decent price, especially since it's included in the 0% 63 months. Their original offer was the 10 year for $2295.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got my 2020 Forester Touring yesterday. My first Subaru, excited to join the club! I think I got a pretty good deal from Berman in Chicago. I qualified for Subaru VIP but their sale price was even better.
MSRP: $36,590
Invoice: $33,913
Sale Price: $31,529

I also broke the rule of never getting an extended warranty, but I got the 8 yr/80k Gold Plus for $1090. I keep my cars for a long time and this seemed like a decent price, especially since it's included in the 0% 63 months. Their original offer was the 10 year for $2295.
This all sounds amazing! Did you have a trade?

·
Registered
2 Posts
This all sounds amazing! Did you have a trade?
Yes, an 11 year old car that was a bit beat up and needed some work. Blue book was about 3k and I got $2650. It was fair.

Grand Subaru in Bensenville, IL also emailed me a quote for $31,842 on a Touring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm planning to get 2020 Forester Touring Sticker is $36267 ( Includes Int & Ext Auto Dim Mirror w/HL & Approach Lighting $600 package + 1010 destination fee). I qualified for Subaru VIP and got quote from the dealer as $33523 (which is supposed to be Invoice -2%). Wanted to check if this is a good deal or can it be better?

I got the min-max numbers $30682 - $33185 from page 14 tables and the max $33185 isalmost $350 less than the subaru VIP price quoted to me.

I'm specially looking for the white exterior with saddle brown interior which seems to be non existent around me. And the dealer i had in Subaru VIP is having the car with my requirements in transit which is estimated to come around end of July or first week of august.

Any suggestions?

861 - 878 of 878 Posts