Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sport with Option 24 + Popular Package 2 + Cross Bars (didn't want the cross bars).
MSRP $33,163 / Price Paid: $29,400 - $500 Subaru Coupon = $28,900

(Los Angeles) Every dealer only had 1 or 2 of each color they had in stock for my config (some combo of blue, white, black, grey). The prices coming in were still a little over $30K (Costco $29,900)
Sounds solid for Sport in this area. Which LA dealer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sounds solid for Sport in this area. Which LA dealer?
Subaru Pacific. The other dealers were beating each other like $100 at a time (provided lowest TrueCar value as the starting point) and someone from Pacific reached out and was willing to beat the lowest quote by $300 and I figured with the coupon, I'm basically paying for a Sport base only so I was satisfied. Everything was arranged by e-mail and text and I'm supposed to pick it up tomorrow. Let me know if you want a contact. I thought she was efficient and helpful.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
6 Posts
Sport with Option 24 + Popular Package 2 / STI sway bar as well included.
MSRP ~33,000 (Don't have exact number) , OTD Price was 29,803 - 500 Ambassador coupon - 29,303.
South carolina

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Sport in WV. Package 22. MSRP $31,980. Priced $29,000. $31,116 after taxes and fees. 3,000 down. 500 rebate. Final $27,616 0.9% APR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

New to the forum. We are looking to get a 2020 subaru forester touring. Got quoted for 35,500 out-the-door in GA. Going to try to use some coupons as well. Any further advice? TIA!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time viewer of this thread and finally made a move today. I think I got a good deal based on the posts here. I wanted to share to help others out in the market.

2020 Forester Touring. MSRP $36,730. Negotiated OTD price was $33,500. I then applied a loyalty incentive ($1,000) and an interest incentive coupon ($500). With this included I was OTD @ $32,000. OTD included $299 Dealer Processing Fee, 6% tax rate ($1880.46), and tags/title/registration ($279). Sale price was $31,042.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We just bought a Forester Premium in the SF Bay Area - essentially the most stripped down Premium with just a few small add ons (cargo cover, all weather floor mats, etc).
MSRP: $29176
We paid: $24605 + $85 doc fee + taxes and registration.
This was our first new car purchase (and first Subaru!) and we feel pretty pleased with our decision!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pulled the trigger, got a Forester Premium with opt 14, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, interior and exterior auto dimming mirrors. Price paid: $26,300 plus a $500 Subaru ambassador coupon = $25,800. Located in Seattle. Doc fee was $150. Negotiated all via email.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just started looking but I'm in no hurry to purchase either a base model or premium model. I started sending out messages through different dealers and one price I got for the base model out the door was $26,122 and was told that's the best they can do. I mentioned I'm looking to pay the whole thing in cash. That price is a hard pass from me but at least I can take the quote and pass it along to other dealers to beat and see what they offer. The price looks even worse after reading this whole thread and seeing what others are getting for better models too.

Reading through this whole thread I didn't see anyone that has actually purchased just a base model here so does anyone know anyone that's purchased one recently and the price they got for it? I'm happy with air conditioning and a radio so I'm not super concerned with all the extra add ons and what not and I don't plan on purchasing any extra warranties either. I would take a premium model for the right price though.
I recently purchase a base model in MD for 26000 OTD. It was the best deal by far that ive gotten over here, but I do think if I would have waited a week or two the dealerships would have gone lower. The next lowest was 26,800

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pulled the trigger, got a Forester Premium with opt 14, all weather floor mats, cargo tray, interior and exterior auto dimming mirrors. Price paid: $26,300 plus a $500 Subaru ambassador coupon = $25,800. Located in Seattle. Doc fee was $150. Negotiated all via email.
Here in MD, they quoted me 26300 for the pkg 14 also the lowest I had received for that pkg. Ended up going with the basic premium in the end. Congrats in the new ride!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a $500 coupon. Trying to complete a purchase tomorrow. I registered a custom build on Subaru's website and entered my contact info yesterday, however haven't seen any email coupons.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,942 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a $500 coupon.
Have you previously owned a Subaru? If so call Subaru Customer Support tomorrow morning and politely request a Loyalty coupon which you can have emailed. You'll need the VIN of your previous Subaru.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We live in the San Francisco Bay Area and bought a Forester Touring for $31,120 (MSRP was about $36K). Total with with taxes and add ones was about $35K). Taxes are high here. I started with Costco and Truecar, but - you can still negotiate. The economic downturn has made all the difference. I went back to each dealer several times, and when everyone else bailed out, I knew I had the best deal. One thing I believe helped - the dealer we bought from had a high number of cars and is a high volume dealer. We dealt with one of the managers, bypassing the sales guy. They eventually handed us off to the salesperson to close the deal, but with the manager already signed off, it actually made things much easier. They did add a clear coat finish to the car we requested, but when we objected we were able to get one without that, and instead invested in what we wanted (the hard seat back and a dog cover for the back seat).

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester
16 Posts
I just put a deposit on a 2020 Limited (w/popular package #3 and HK package) slated to arrive end of October. I figured this was probably the best I could do considering it's a 2020 model. There are just no 2019 Limited models left here (WI/IL area) with the features and color that I want.

MSRP: $34,850
Invoice: $32,164
Selling Price: $30,920

I've only driven a Sport so far, so hopefully I find the leather seats in the Limited just as comfortable! I'm a little worried they'll be too hard at first.
Over the years, I learned that I'm not a fan of leather seats. On hot days they can get pretty hot and my wife has burned her legs a few times after coming back from the store or something. Plus any punctures or tears are more expensive to fix. The only benefit is easier cleaning, but if you want the leather to last, you have to wipe it down with a leather treatment after cleaning the seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you @ForesterBill

Adding another data point. Premium version with option package 11 (MSRP $29,224). $25,400 (includes $500 coupon) + TTL. Portland area.

I was able to find two coupons. SOA said it was stackable, local dealer said it wasn't. For those looking, the build a vehicle feature will generate a coupon within 24 hours. You can also request SOA to email you a loyalty coupon if you're a repeat customer (<1 hr assuming you're calling during business hours).

·
Registered
9 Posts
We just bought a Forester Premium in the SF Bay Area - essentially the most stripped down Premium with just a few small add ons (cargo cover, all weather floor mats, etc).
MSRP: $29176
We paid: $24605 + $85 doc fee + taxes and registration.
This was our first new car purchase (and first Subaru!) and we feel pretty pleased with our decision!
This might be the best deal I've see so far with the premium!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hoping to pull the trigger this week on a 2020 Forester Limited. In Seattle, currently best deal I have in the works is for the following:

White Limited
Black Leather
Audio SYS Driver Assist
Int & Ext Auto Dim Mirror w/Hl & Approach Lighting
All-Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Retail $34660
Offer $30560 + Tax, License, and Registration

Invoice Price of $3204, so basically $1477 below invoice. I also have the $500 SOA Coupon to use also! Feeling pretty good about this. Sound like I'm doing okay?

661 - 680 of 716 Posts