Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

641 - 660 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up a ‘20 Forester Premium with BSD, keyless, and power lift gate...
$27,200 before TTF and I also had a $500 coupon on top of that.

White with black interior, absolutely loving it so far.
Where was purchase at? (general part of the country).

·
Registered
2016 Forester Touring
46 Posts
Update:
I went with the Limited, with package 32 and popular package 3 @ 30364 which was offered by dealer.(msrp 34850, invoice 32164) They gave me what I wanted for my trade (Top end of KBB), felt everything was a fair deal. Loving white with Black interior!
Where are u located? What is popular pkg 3?? I know pkh32 is Nav + Harman Kardon Amp & speakers + RAB + Heated Steering Wheel. And that $30364 was BEFORE any taxes/dealer fee and trade in? ty

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5I Prem
36 Posts
Where are u located? What is popular pkg 3?? I know pkh32 is Nav + Harman Kardon Amp & speakers + RAB + Heated Steering Wheel. And that $30364 was BEFORE any taxes/dealer fee and trade in? ty
Portland Oregon. Popular package 3 is Rear bumper cover, Cargo net, All weather mats, LED dome light upgrade, Homelink autodimming rear view mirror and auto dimming side mirrors with approach light. Mine also had seat back protectors.
30364 was prior to taxes/fees and discussion or trade in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Am gunning for a Premium with Option 14. From browsing this thread it looks like a decent deal is around $27.5k? (before title, tax, etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started looking but I'm in no hurry to purchase either a base model or premium model. I started sending out messages through different dealers and one price I got for the base model out the door was $26,122 and was told that's the best they can do. I mentioned I'm looking to pay the whole thing in cash. That price is a hard pass from me but at least I can take the quote and pass it along to other dealers to beat and see what they offer. The price looks even worse after reading this whole thread and seeing what others are getting for better models too.

Reading through this whole thread I didn't see anyone that has actually purchased just a base model here so does anyone know anyone that's purchased one recently and the price they got for it? I'm happy with air conditioning and a radio so I'm not super concerned with all the extra add ons and what not and I don't plan on purchasing any extra warranties either. I would take a premium model for the right price though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I haven't looked for these specifics, but My father just purchased a 2020 base model w/4k miles (dealer car I guess), for right around $21,000. It had all weather floor mats, and cargo liner with back seat liners, and alloy wheels, so whatever else comes with that package.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
55 Posts
I mentioned I'm looking to pay the whole thing in cash.
Cash often makes less profit for the dealer than the incentives they get to place the financing, even for 0% financing. And a base model has less profit wiggle room than more fully equipped trims. Since there are few base models produced, the limited supply also contributes to the depth of the deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I haven't looked for these specifics, but My father just purchased a 2020 base model w/4k miles (dealer car I guess), for right around $21,000. It had all weather floor mats, and cargo liner with back seat liners, and alloy wheels, so whatever else comes with that package.
Thank you

Cash often makes less profit for the dealer than the incentives they get to place the financing, even for 0% financing. And a base model has less profit wiggle room than more fully equipped trims. Since there are few base models produced, the limited supply also contributes to the depth of the deal.
Makes sense, I'm definitely leaning towards the premium model cause I noticed the pricing isn't really all that much more. I've been debating doing the 0% apr but I really just like paying the whole thing off and being done with it. I'm in no rush at least so I can bounce around getting quotes for now and I'll only bite if it's something I can't pass up.

FYI for everyone else, I also did the build a car on the Subaru website yesterday and received the $500 off coupon today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking to purchase a CPO 2017 Forester XT Touring in the very near future and wanted to get some input.

CPO 2017 Forester XT Touring with 33K miles, eyesight package, wheel locks, sunshade, auto-dimming mirror w/ compass, all-weather floor mats, cargo cover.
Advertised price: $24,997
Negotiated price: $24,500

Negotiating prices down for CPO vehicles appears to be much harder as all the dealers are telling me the vehicle is priced at market value. $500 off advertised is the best I've done on CPOs. Most only offering about $200-250 off. I was able to negotiate thousands off on a 2020 but I am really looking to get the XT turbo engine.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition CVT
36 Posts
CPO should carry with it a $500 loyalty coupon which you could apply towards your purchase. Double check that the dealer hasn't already included that $500 off with your negotiated sales price.

I might try to wait until another 6 months to see if any 2018 XT start showing up.
Good Luck !!

·
Registered
2005 Forester X automatic
37 Posts
Am gunning for a Premium with Option 14. From browsing this thread it looks like a decent deal is around $27.5k? (before title, tax, etc)
Premiums with Option package 14 are listing for around $27k before taxes/fees in the Boston area. These are dealers that claim no-haggle prices but probably have a little wiggle room if you're a serious buyer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i bought a 2020 Forester Premium with package 14. MSRP was $30,022 plus fees, tax and tags. went to multiple dealers, most of them wont budge. the highest out the door price i got was $32,000. but i am very happy to say that i got it out the door for $27,800. i also got roof rack included, that usually cost $200 extra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
CPO should carry with it a $500 loyalty coupon which you could apply towards your purchase. Double check that the dealer hasn't already included that $500 off with your negotiated sales price.

I might try to wait until another 6 months to see if any 2018 XT start showing up.
Good Luck !!
Can I get a CPO Loyalty coupon if I don’t have a Subaru right now?

Wish I could wait another 6 months but my girlfriend’s current car on its last mile.

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition CVT
36 Posts
If the car that you’re interested in has been designated as CPO, then the car will have the $500 loyalty coupon. The coupon should be given to you for a future purchase but most dealers will allow you to use it for your current purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Premiums with Option package 14 are listing for around $27k before taxes/fees in the Boston area. These are dealers that claim no-haggle prices but probably have a little wiggle room if you're a serious buyer.
i bought a 2020 Forester Premium with package 14. MSRP was $30,022 plus fees, tax and tags. went to multiple dealers, most of them wont budge. the highest out the door price i got was $32,000. but i am very happy to say that i got it out the door for $27,800. i also got roof rack included, that usually cost $200 extra.
Thanks folks.
Those are great prices in Boston. Not seeing that on the West Coast.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sport with Option 24 + Popular Package 2 + Cross Bars (didn't want the cross bars).
MSRP $33,163 / Price Paid: $29,400 - $500 Subaru Coupon = $28,900

(Los Angeles) Every dealer only had 1 or 2 of each color they had in stock for my config (some combo of blue, white, black, grey). The prices coming in were still a little over $30K (Costco $29,900)

641 - 660 of 687 Posts