Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

621 - 640 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
35 Posts
What do you think of this price?
Looking at a 2020 Forester Premium Option 14, ext and int auto dim mirrors, all weather floor liners and cargo tray for $26,487 before tax and $500 Subaru ambassador coupon. I’m located in the Seattle area of Washington. 0% for 63 months.
Invoice is $27,887. So it's $1,400 under invoice.
Doc fee included?
Send the quote to other dealers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well will be picking up a 2020 Sepia Bronze Metallic Forester Premium(base package) on Monday. got the 0% financing $26,000 for the Forester premium - 3800 for my trade after the Ambassador coupon will be financing around 23,800...other than the Ambassador $500 is there anything else I can look for(discount/rebate wise) before Monday?

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT 2.0 High Performance CVT
201 Posts
Doc fee included?
I have been driving this brand new loaner with 900 miles on it, it rides smooth and its interior is nice and all but engine is weak compared to the Forester XT 2.0 Touring. I personally do not like it.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT 2.0 High Performance CVT
201 Posts
Doc fee included?
I Forgot to mention that the 2020 loaner i have is the premium base model. I do not want to ruin your likes about it but the brand new 2020 Forester with 900 miles on it does worse on fuel economy vs my 2015 Forester XT 2.0 Touring. I was disappointed to see that the 2.5 hella weak engine is bad in fuel economy compared to the TwinScrol Turbo XT touring. If you want to buy something good get the Turbo version and get done with it so you dont regret later.
here is a intro tube link on Forester versions.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
35 Posts
I Forgot to mention that the 2020 loaner i have is the premium base model. I do not want to ruin your likes about it but the brand new 2020 Forester with 900 miles on it does worse on fuel economy vs my 2015 Forester XT 2.0 Touring. I was disappointed to see that the 2.5 hella weak engine is bad in fuel economy compared to the TwinScrol Turbo XT touring. If you want to buy something good get the Turbo version and get done with it so you dont regret later.
here is a intro tube link on Forester versions.
1. Of course a 2020 Forester's engine feels weak when compared to a 2015 XT.
2. A 2020 will most likely get better gas mileage than a 2015 XT if driven in the same manner.
3. You can't get the "Turbo version" unless you buy used.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Heritage in Catonsville, Fitzgerald (two locations) and Dulles Subaru in VA. I could've gone to any one of these. Just make sure you're comparing OTD prices since dealers in VA can and do charge a higher doc fee than in MD.
Thank you for your help, I went with Catonsville! My only concern is that there were 400 miles on it because they drove it from Ohio. I guess not a huge deal but still

Msrp 29131
Used 500 SOA coupon from April
OTD 24750!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you make the deal before March 31st? I thought the $750 rebate expired then....or is there another???
I emailed them a PDF of the $750 coupon with a 3/31/2020 expiration date and they honored ti - no questions asked. Shown as a separate line item credit on the purchase order - after 4% NM sales tax.

·
Registered
2015 Forester
1 Posts
Just bought a 2020 Limited in Lexington KY area. They took $3100 off invoice making it $30,200 before tax title fee etc. I did call Subaru and got coupon for owner loyalty for $500 off. Not bad. Because of this virus I hear Subaru has ships full of cars with nowhere to put them. All the dealer stock in this area has whatever you want. I think if you shop around at different dealers you can get excellent deals. Unfortunately sometimes I don't have the patience with sales people. The deal I got was pretty good though.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
55 Posts
Because of this virus I hear Subaru has ships full of cars with nowhere to put them. All the dealer stock in this area has whatever you want.
The ships would only be filled with Foresters and a few other specialty vehicles. Most Subarus for North American sales are made in Indiana in a plant that has been shuttered for nearly two months. Dealer inventories are not necessarily strong...it's geography specific.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The ships would only be filled with Foresters and a few other specialty vehicles. Most Subarus for North American sales are made in Indiana in a plant that has been shuttered for nearly two months. Dealer inventories are not necessarily strong...it's geography specific.
they got a BUNCH on the local lot(over 35) and probably 15 that say In transit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Letting everyone know -- the coupon method DOES work. Build a subaru forester on the subaru.com website, submit it to a dealer for a quote, then I received a $500 coupon in email 4 days later (about 2 business days). I did use a Washington zip code for reference, and did correspond with dealer once through email after they made contact, if that matters.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Doc fee included?
I've been in the talks with about 4 or 5 dealerships and this is so far the lowest offer I have gotten down to. Doc fee would be $140 added onto this price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well will be picking up a 2020 Sepia Bronze Metallic Forester Premium(base package) on Monday. got the 0% financing $26,000 for the Forester premium - 3800 for my trade after the Ambassador coupon will be financing around 23,800...other than the Ambassador $500 is there anything else I can look for(discount/rebate wise) before Monday?
Thats what they quoted me too. Its the lowest i had gotten in the DC area. I bet the would go lower right now too. I had the Chase coupon from March, said they would honor it and when i went in, said no. I told them id be back and needed to think about it. They ended up knocking it down 750 anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a limited with an MSRP of $33,298. I don’t recall the additions, but all weather floor mats, rear seat back rubber matt, home link, and a couple other small add ons. Got it for $28,250 after 750 loyalty rebate. 0 down, 63 months, 0%. after 7.5 % tax, monthly payment of $481. Not a screaming great deal, but I feel pretty good about it. Central Ohio.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats what they quoted me too. Its the lowest i had gotten in the DC area. I bet the would go lower right now too. I had the Chase coupon from March, said they would honor it and when i went in, said no. I told them id be back and needed to think about it. They ended up knocking it down 750 anyway.
Oh, got it today this was pretty funny as I was sitting in the dealership I got a email..phone bings...i look and I see a email from Subaru i open it and it says thanks for looking at subarus here is $500 you can use for a new vehicle..so I show it to the salesman he shows the eamil to the finance guy he says its good and they will honor it so I got that email and the $500 ambassador deal...I got the extra $500 from going to the subaru site and doing the build a Subaru deal it took about 24 hours maybe a bit more to get the $500 off offer...but they honored both and that knocked off $1000 total... Now I have a 2020 Sepia Bronze Forester with like 160 miles on it....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, got it today this was pretty funny as I was sitting in the dealership I got a email..phone bings...i look and I see a email from Subaru i open it and it says thanks for looking at subarus here is $500 you can use for a new vehicle..so I show it to the salesman he shows the eamil to the finance guy he says its good and they will honor it so I got that email and the $500 ambassador deal...I got the extra $500 from going to the subaru site and doing the build a Subaru deal it took about 24 hours maybe a bit more to get the $500 off offer...but they honored both and that knocked off $1000 total... Now I have a 2020 Sepia Bronze Forester with like 160 miles on it....
Thats pretty funny! Congrats on the new ride!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats pretty funny! Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks I thought it was funny also, and i can confirm and highly recommend to all looking to buy get the Ambassador $500 and then also BEFORE you buy I got EXTREMELY lucky and I mean 2-3 days before you buy go to the Subaru site and do the Build a vehicle thing then submit it for/to dealers...it took about a full day maybe a little more to get that $500 offer..I looked at 5PM just to be sure but it wasnt there...then at 6PM while we were doing the deal thats when I got the coupon for the $500 and I had done the "build" deal on the Subaru site the day before(Sunday) just to see if it worked..it does but give it a leeway of about 2 days like I said pure(good) luck this time for me..

Now its just the base premium..no real packages I think they threw in the all weather floor mats and cargo liner(i asked and they went and took one out of another vehicle lol...) and something else small...but now at least I dont need to look for mats right away. Nice thing it really even in the base premium has everything I need only thing I wish it had(and I think to be honest they should all now days have standard) is push button start..I really wanted that ability..but I didnt really think it was worth the extra...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Picked up a ‘20 Forester Premium with BSD, keyless, and power lift gate...
$27,200 before TTF and I also had a $500 coupon on top of that.

MSRP $30,852.

White with black interior, absolutely loving it so far.

Edit: This was in CO and 0% for 63 months.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5I Prem
36 Posts
Update:
I went with the Limited, with package 32 and popular package 3 @ 30364 which was offered by dealer.(msrp 34850, invoice 32164) They gave me what I wanted for my trade (Top end of KBB), felt everything was a fair deal. Loving white with Black interior!

621 - 640 of 687 Posts