Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

421 - 440 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
35 Posts
We had a trade in, but it was completely separate. That's how one should do it. We settled on a price by initially sending out emails to 18 dealers and tried to have them bid against one another, then we have them appraised my trade.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, hoping to get some input on my offer. 2020 Forrester Limited in sepia bronze w popular package. went through internet folks. asked for best offer OTD .
MSRP 34,798
offered 30,881
+799 admin, NC sales tax .03 950.4, title and regis 104.
OTD price $32734.
with the pandemic and economy, dealership had to downsize and my internet and test drive guy are gone but spoke with manager today who apologized and offered 4K off msrp on any of the 3 he has, (cheapest and one i was quoted previously)with the 0% financing so OTD would be $32600. wondering if there will be better deals to come. 0% financing good until 4/30. a little concerned as there are only 6 in bronze in my rea and some plants have stopped production. thoughts, recommendations?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Request opinion:

Forester Sport, Pkg 24, Pkg 2, rear seat protector, WS list $33055

Discount $28847 plus normal taxes etc.(.873 of WS price)

Is this what most are now seeing?

Midwest region

And of course 0% financing for 60 months.

Opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey, I've been shopping around too. 27000 OTD is the lowest offer I have gotten on the 2020 forester premium base model (msrp $29131) i haven't checked out the MD dealers yet. Thanks for sharing!
26,310 here is the price for the Premium

thats a 2020 Premium Jasper Green with this:

33 Highway MPG and 26 City MPG! This Subaru Forester delivers a Regular Unleaded H-4 2.5 L/152 engine powering this Variable transmission. SPLASH GUARDS -inc: Part number J101SSJ000, REAR SEATBACK PROTECTOR -inc: Part number J501SSJ310, REAR BUMPER COVER -inc: Part number E771SSJ000.
This Subaru Forester Comes Equipped with These Options
JASPER GREEN METALLIC, GRAY, CLOTH UPHOLSTERY, CARGO TRAY -inc: Part number J501SSJ300, BASE MODEL, AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR W/COMPASS & HOMELINK -inc: Part number H501SSG304, ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINERS -inc: Part number J501SSJ030, Wheels: 17" x 7.0J Black Machine Finish Alloy -inc: Aluminum, Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park, Valet Function, Urethane Gear Shifter Material.

New 2020 SubaruForester Premium SUV
You PayDetailed Pricing $26,310

now we all know how dealerships are and how very deceptive they can be so I dont know(because i cant find the details and cant call because they are closed)

this is what it said:

MSRP$29,399Price
Difference-$3,089 (now what exactly does this part include..it doesnt say anywhere..is it a dealer discount of some kind? ,special pricing? you need so much down and trade to get this? no idea)
You Pay$26,310

·
Registered
17 Posts
26,310 here is the price for the Premium

thats a 2020 Premium Jasper Green with this:

33 Highway MPG and 26 City MPG! This Subaru Forester delivers a Regular Unleaded H-4 2.5 L/152 engine powering this Variable transmission. SPLASH GUARDS -inc: Part number J101SSJ000, REAR SEATBACK PROTECTOR -inc: Part number J501SSJ310, REAR BUMPER COVER -inc: Part number E771SSJ000.
This Subaru Forester Comes Equipped with These Options
JASPER GREEN METALLIC, GRAY, CLOTH UPHOLSTERY, CARGO TRAY -inc: Part number J501SSJ300, BASE MODEL, AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR W/COMPASS & HOMELINK -inc: Part number H501SSG304, ALL-WEATHER FLOOR LINERS -inc: Part number J501SSJ030, Wheels: 17" x 7.0J Black Machine Finish Alloy -inc: Aluminum, Variable Intermittent Wipers w/Heated Wiper Park, Valet Function, Urethane Gear Shifter Material.

New 2020 SubaruForester Premium SUV
You PayDetailed Pricing $26,310

now we all know how dealerships are and how very deceptive they can be so I dont know(because i cant find the details and cant call because they are closed)

this is what it said:

MSRP$29,399Price
Difference-$3,089 (now what exactly does this part include..it doesnt say anywhere..is it a dealer discount of some kind? ,special pricing? you need so much down and trade to get this? no idea)
You Pay$26,310
Looking at the current situation, you should ask for at least 12-15% discount on MSRP

·
Registered
19 Posts
Request opinion:

Midwest region

Opinions appreciated.
is this before the $750 Chase and $loyalty rebate?
If so it's a decent deal.

·
Registered
76 Posts
is this before the $750 Chase and $loyalty rebate?
If so it's a decent deal.
See thats what im not sure of and right now you cant call to ask...at least around here lol and yes, I agree thats a good deal on a sport...Id like a Sport myself..its my favorite of the trim lines..BUT im down to the option of a 2019 Sport with 10K or less miles(hopefully) OR a new 2020 Premium as normally they both cost around the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Request opinion:

Midwest region

Opinions appreciated.
Looks like a good deal but you may be able to bargain more. I'm in Michigan and this is the price I got when I bought mine on Febuary 28, 2020.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Final deal:
Sport (MSRP $30,005)
Option Package #22 (MSRP $795)
Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert + Reverse Automatic Braking + Multimedia Plus Audio
Popular Package #2 (MSRP $902)
Rear Bumper Cover, Cargo Net, All Weather Floor Liners, Inside Automatic Day/Night Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink Garage Door Opener & O/S Automatic Day/Night Mirrors w/Approach Lights.
Total MSRP $31,712 Invoice $29,487

Selling price $26,513 ($5,199 under MSRP, $2,974 under invoice)
$299 doc fee
6% sales tax
$279 tags registration & title
0% for 63 months

P.S. then subtract $750 Chase coupon and $750 loyalty coupon and yesterday I received a Dyson V7 Motorhead from Subaru after calling them for the loyalty coupon.
Glad you got one! Which dealership did you end up with?

·
Registered
55 Posts
We also picked up a Sport version today as well with package 24. After contacting multiple dealers in the Boston area, the best deal we got was a $$28,800 from $32,565 sticker.
We were able to apply the $750 Chase coupon. We were not qualified for SoA loyalty but they were nice enough to send us a $500 as rebate after.

Question, can you tell me more about the Dyson promotion?
Could you please tell me about your $500 as rebate from SoA or??

·
Registered
55 Posts
We also picked up a Sport version today as well with package 24. After contacting multiple dealers in the Boston area, the best deal we got was a $$28,800 from $32,565 sticker.
We were able to apply the $750 Chase coupon. We were not qualified for SoA loyalty but they were nice enough to send us a $500 as rebate after.

Question, can you tell me more about the Dyson promotion?
Could you please tell me who you called, what you said, etc, fir the $500 rebate after?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Subaru loan payment assistance: If anyone is adversely affected from Coronavirus and would like no payment, no interest for 3 months on your Subaru loan - it will just make your term 3 months longer - it basically suspends things in time for 3 months - you pay no more and no less over the life of your loan: Go to Chase.com/paymentassistance and sign into your account to sign up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We had a trade in, but it was completely separate. That's how one should do it. We settled on a price by initially sending out emails to 18 dealers and tried to have them bid against one another, then we have them appraised my trade.
Which dealership did you end up with?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Huh! I called and they said they didn’t have anything like that available. Is it actually called a rebate?
No
It’s Subaru loyalty coupon, ranging from $500-$750. If you or your household member own a current or existing Subaru then you are qualified

in my case we never owned a Subaru before but we asked for it anyways and they approved a onetime good will exception

hope that helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
No
It’s Subaru loyalty coupon, ranging from $500-$750. If you or your household member own a current or existing Subaru then you are qualified

in my case we never owned a Subaru before but we asked for it anyways and they approved a onetime good will exception

hope that helps
Oh, ok. So, you submitted it at the time of purchase. Many here have said their dealers would not allow the $750 from Chase and the loyalty coupon together. Glad yours did!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Subaru loan payment assistance: If anyone is adversely affected from Coronavirus and would like no payment, no interest for 3 months on your Subaru loan - it will just make your term 3 months longer - it basically suspends things in time for 3 months - you pay no more and no less over the life of your loan: Go to Chase.com/paymentassistance and sign into your account to sign up.
Do you know if Chase will allow me to change from 0.9% to 0% financing? Bought mine last February 28.

421 - 440 of 687 Posts