Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

401 - 420 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
41 Posts
Everyone has to do the math for what is best for them. I tend to go for shorter terms on auto loans, even though in recent years, I typically have owned for an average of 7 before making a change. I've never been personally fond of vehicle loans beyond 4 years, honestly, but I do understand how they can benefit some folks for sure. And, of course, a 0% interest rate is certainly attractive. I'd still do it on a shorter term myself. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you go for this deal on a 2020 Forester Premium or wait a little longer assuming deeper discounts?
Option package 14
Mirror Compass+Homelink
Auto dimming side mirrors
Splash guards, floor liners, bumper cover, cargo tray
Remove dealer tags and max tint all windows

Sale Price $26,179

·
Registered
19 Posts
Would you go for this deal on a 2020 Forester Premium or wait a little longer assuming deeper discounts?
Option package 14
Mirror Compass+Homelink
Auto dimming side mirrors
Splash guards, floor liners, bumper cover, cargo tray
Remove dealer tags and max tint all windows

Sale Price $26,179
what is the window sticker? Sale price includes the $750 chase coupon?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Does anyone know where i can obtain the $500 SoA rebate? Is it only for existing subaru owner?
If you are talking about a Loyalty Rebate, one must contact Subaru Customer Support and ask for it...and yes, they are going to want a VIN in the system. For folks that get them, they are typically either $500 or $750, depending on vehicle history, use of dealer service, etc. One thing to remember...make your best deal first before you start bringing up a Loyalty Coupon. It's not dealer money, it's your money.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you are talking about a Loyalty Rebate, one must contact Subaru Customer Support and ask for it...and yes, they are going to want a VIN in the system. For folks that get them, they are typically either $500 or $750, depending on vehicle history, use of dealer service, etc. One thing to remember...make your best deal first before you start bringing up a Loyalty Coupon. It's not dealer money, it's your money.
Thank you. Guess I'm not qualified then

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can someone in the North East region weight me on this deal i'm about to commit?
Forester sport with package 24
sticker: $32,650
selling: $29,000

Every other single dealer only offer $2,500 off max. Seem crazy given the current financial crisis incoming.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
Can someone in the North East region weight me on this deal i'm about to commit?
Forester sport with package 24
sticker: $32,650
selling: $29,000

Every other single dealer only offer $2,500 off max. Seem crazy given the current financial crisis incoming.
Where in the NE?

Is Package 24 this?
Audio Sys/Drvr Ast Tech/Rev Auto Brake/Pwr Rr Gate $2,045
  • Radio: Subaru Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Plus System
  • harman kardon 576W Amp & Speaker System
  • Blind Spot Detection w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • Reverse Automatic Braking System
  • Power Rear Gate
And it has this?
Mirrors, O/S & Inside Automatic Day/Night w/Approach Lights & Homelink Garage Door Opener (PIO) $600

I'm guessing because they add up to a total MSRP of $32,650. Invoice is $30,328.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes includes these:
Audio Sys/Drvr Ast Tech/Rev Auto Brake/Pwr Rr Gate $2,045
no to Mirrors/ O/s and Homelink Garage

other dealer installed options include: splash guard and side molding protector

This is in Boston area dealerships

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
Here in MD/VA, I'm getting around $2,800 under invoice plus $300 doc fee or $3,300 under invoice plus $800 doc fee (So it's the same.). This is before the loyalty or chase rebates.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is in Boston area dealerships
It's hard for folks outside your region to know for sure about pricing where you are because Subarus sold up in the NE area where you are come from a distributor, not SOA, and they have their own arrangements with the dealers. It's a system that goes back a long way. So hopefully, others in your area of the country can provide some input that's helpful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in MD/VA, I'm getting around $2,800 under invoice plus $300 doc fee or $3,300 under invoice plus $800 doc fee (So it's the same.). This is before the loyalty or chase rebates.
wow, $2800 under invoice is really good. Could you tell me which Maryland dealers (closest to NJ) are doing this? I can easily drive down there from NJ and use my coupons after doing a deal over the phone (no more in person contacting anyway). thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
Try Fitzgerald (two locations). And I used kbb.com for invoice pricing. Doc fee is capped at $300 in MD; supposedly no limit in VA.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
wow, $2800 under invoice is really good. Could you tell me which Maryland dealers (closest to NJ) are doing this? I can easily drive down there from NJ and use my coupons after doing a deal over the phone (no more in person contacting anyway). thanks.
Dealerships in MD have to limit the number of employees and customers at the dealership at one time and most likely require appointments. I did quotes via emails so I can easily keep track.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks again for your timely response. I’ll be waiting a few weeks to see how this plague spreads before taking on another expense. My neighbor just bought a loaded limited from a local dealer so I can take that car for a couple of spins. We’re really locking down here in N.J. these dealers are going to get more desperate every day that passes with little or no sales. Anyone that can afford a new car probably has a good working car or 2 or 3 so waiting to see if our country survives this mess isn’t a bad idea. Stay well and social distance

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I've been shopping around too. 27000 OTD is the lowest offer I have gotten on the 2020 forester premium base model (msrp $29131) i haven't checked out the MD dealers yet. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
Final deal:
Sport (MSRP $30,005)
Option Package #22 (MSRP $795)
Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert + Reverse Automatic Braking + Multimedia Plus Audio
Popular Package #2 (MSRP $902)
Rear Bumper Cover, Cargo Net, All Weather Floor Liners, Inside Automatic Day/Night Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink Garage Door Opener & O/S Automatic Day/Night Mirrors w/Approach Lights.
Total MSRP $31,712 Invoice $29,487

Selling price $26,513 ($5,199 under MSRP, $2,974 under invoice)
$299 doc fee
6% sales tax
$279 tags registration & title
0% for 63 months

P.S. then subtract $750 Chase coupon and $750 loyalty coupon and yesterday I received a Dyson V7 Motorhead from Subaru after calling them for the loyalty coupon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Final deal:
Sport (MSRP $30,005)
Option Package #22 (MSRP $795)
Blind Spot Detection/Rear Cross Traffic Alert + Reverse Automatic Braking + Multimedia Plus Audio
Popular Package #2 (MSRP $902)
Rear Bumper Cover, Cargo Net, All Weather Floor Liners, Inside Automatic Day/Night Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink Garage Door Opener & O/S Automatic Day/Night Mirrors w/Approach Lights.
Total MSRP $31,712 Invoice $29,487

Selling price $26,513 ($5,199 under MSRP, $2,974 under invoice)
$299 doc fee
6% sales tax
$279 tags registration & title
0% for 63 months

P.S. then subtract $750 Chase coupon and $750 loyalty coupon and yesterday I received a Dyson V7 Motorhead from Subaru after calling them for the loyalty coupon.
We also picked up a Sport version today as well with package 24. After contacting multiple dealers in the Boston area, the best deal we got was a $$28,800 from $32,565 sticker.
We were able to apply the $750 Chase coupon. We were not qualified for SoA loyalty but they were nice enough to send us a $500 as rebate after.

Question, can you tell me more about the Dyson promotion?

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
There was no Dyson promotion. I mentioned this was going to be our 4th Subaru and ask for a loyalty coupon. They didn't say they were going to send me a gift.

401 - 420 of 472 Posts