Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

381 - 400 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else thinking dealers will be more eager to sell within the next few weeks because of the quarantines?

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,789 Posts
Anyone else thinking dealers will be more eager to sell within the next few weeks because of the quarantines?
Or in a few months after the economy goes to hell in a hand basket thanks to this media-driven mass hysteria.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can tell you that the dealers in Utah do not appear to be overly eager to sell right now. The best prices I am getting in Utah are not even close to the numbers I see in this thread or the offers I have gotten from out of state dealers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can tell you that the dealers in Utah do not appear to be overly eager to sell right now. The best prices I am getting in Utah are not even close to the numbers I see in this thread or the offers I have gotten from out of state dealers.
Yeah I'm getting about 90.5% off of the TSRP for the Forester sport here in southern California. I'd be happy with 88.5%. No rush for me so I'll just wait til the end of the month or longer, if need be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If it comes down to that, I will just fly out and pick up a Forester from out of state... Unfortunately, I need a vehicle soon, but this thread has been super helpful in figuring out pricing.

I am also seeing ~90% of MSRP in Utah

·
Registered
28 Posts
walk into a dealership today and the red carpet will be rolled out for you. They loose money every day they sit on inventory. Time to name your price or walk. Wait 2 more weeks and they'll beg you to offer them anything you want.

·
Registered
4 Posts
walk into a dealership today and the red carpet will be rolled out for you. They loose money every day they sit on inventory. Time to name your price or walk. Wait 2 more weeks and they'll beg you to offer them anything you want.
My local dealers are telling me that the numbers I am coming up with are crazy and I should be looking at used vehicles.

I guess folks in Utah are still buying Foresters

·
Registered
28 Posts
Or in a few months after the economy goes to hell in a hand basket thanks to this media-driven mass hysteria.
you mean the hysteria of this administration, right? Actually, if we all get this new virus there will be "hurd immunity" and we'll quickly be able to get back to normal activities as long as we're healthy, under 75, and don't have high blood pressure, diabetes, or any other condition requiring medication. But even that scenario may take a year or so. It's anybody's guess. stay safe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw all dealers near me (NY) are doing 0% APR from now until april 30th due to low sales from this virus.

Sucks, I just bought my car 20 days ago at 3.5

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
41 Posts
If you got 3.5% 20 days ago when there was .9% financing available, you might not get 0% now. Also, it's unlikely those dealers are going to be selling any cars with the lockdown of non-essential businesses mandated across many states and counting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If I got 0.9% almost 2 weeks ago can I go back to the dealer and switch it to 0%? it's also 48 vs. 63 months.
Not likely you can do that. Once the paperwork is signed and done and sent to Chase, you're committed. But there's very little difference between .9% and 0%.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My local dealers are telling me that the numbers I am coming up with are crazy and I should be looking at used vehicles.

I guess folks in Utah are still buying Foresters
Any update? I am in Utah as well and was going to start trying to negotiate over email. Looks like dealers posted prices are ~8% off MSRP. You mentioned only getting 10% off? No more movement?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any update? I am in Utah as well and was going to start trying to negotiate over email. Looks like dealers posted prices are ~8% off MSRP. You mentioned only getting 10% off? No more movement?
I received quote about 9% off (including the $750 chase rebate) here in Mass.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No movement at all. I'm playing the waiting game.

All of the Utah dealers are seemingly on the same page on pricing.... They are also only willing to negotiate against Idaho and Utah pricing

·
Registered
28 Posts
We all saw this coming. Now that our IRA's are worth 30% less the dealers are going to go crazy trying to sell cars (I mean any brand, any car). That's why they just dropped to 0 financing for 63 months. That's a big saving over a 2.99 or 3.49 rate. Out here in the tristate NY area there are so many dealers. Plus, Dulles Subaru in Virginia seems to be having really good deals going so if I decide to get one, I may have to travel a bit. They're all happy to deal over the phone or internet now....we don't need another test drive or color check. Many are delivering cars (but not that far). If you don't get a good price now just wait 5 or 6 weeks when the unemployment rate hits 15% and see how many people are spending money on a new car (an unnecessary purchase since your old car drives fine and you are no longer working).

·
Registered
41 Posts
That's why they just dropped to 0 financing for 63 months. That's a big saving over a 2.99 or 3.49 rate
But not as significant as the .9% rate that's been available for a bit...

·
Registered
6 Posts
At the ~27K I paid (tax/fees paid via check) 0.9% 48 months vs 63 0% is roughly $500 in interest and about $100 per month due to the longer term.

FML, I probably could've gotten a few hundred $$ discount on the car, blame myself for being impatient.

381 - 400 of 472 Posts