Registered
7 Posts
Hi Forester Owners!
I’ll be joining you tomorrow!
I got a killer deal on a 2020 Subaru Forester Sport, package 24
MSRP: $33247
Offer: $28400
Plus: $500 Subaru coupon & $750 Chase coupon

I can hardly believed this! I simply used each dealer’s website to get quotes on a Magnetite Gray Sport with package 24 from 9 dealers in my area. I already had the mindset that I would drive as far as I need to get the best deal and customer service. I am in Northern California. I received back a quote for $28754 from a San Francisco dealer who listed in bold print that the quote was only valid for zip codes within 180 miles and that an extra $1000 would be added for zips further. I had good interactions with a dealer close to Sacramento (Malta) so I went in and asked for a price match and they said NO! Maita claimed that they would only match quote in the immediate area (I think they said 75 miles).
Luckily I had already sent out an email to the smaller dealership where I had I initially taken a test drive and have purchased a car before (I bought a WRX STi from them in 2015). Anyways they responded that they would beat the price no questions asked. I only sent the dollar figure “$28754”, never even shown them the actual quote. This small dealer didn’t have the car in the lot but they said they would and at last call today they traded with another dealer to have it ready for me tomorrow.
Long story, short- there are MANY 2020 sports on lots in California, but I really value the customer service. And in the future I’d pay up to $1000 over bargain for no hasssle no BS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Forester Owners!

I can hardly believed this! I simply used each dealer’s website to get quotes on a Magnetite Gray Sport with package 24 from 9 dealers in my area. I already had the mindset that I would drive as far as I need to get the best deal and customer service. I am in Northern California. I received back a quote for $28754 from a San Francisco dealer who listed in bold print that the quote was only valid for zip codes within 180 miles and that an extra $1000 would be added for zips further. I had good interactions with a dealer close to Sacramento (Malta) so I went in and asked for a price match and they said NO! Maita claimed that they would only match quote in the immediate area (I think they said 75 miles).
Luckily I had already sent out an email to the smaller dealership where I had I initially taken a test drive and have purchased a car before (I bought a WRX STi from them in 2015). Anyways they responded that they would beat the price no questions asked. I only sent the dollar figure “$28754”, never even shown them the actual quote. This small dealer didn’t have the car in the lot but they said they would and at last call today they traded with another dealer to have it ready for me tomorrow.
Long story, short- there are MANY 2020 sports on lots in California, but I really value the customer service. And in the future I’d pay up to $1000 over bargain for no hasssle no BS.
Congrats! Post some pics when you get it!

·
Registered
2020 Forest Sport
30 Posts
If anyone cares, another thing outside of price you can negotiate is warranties and service contracts. I just had them give me 5 year windshield warranty free they were trying to sell for $1,137 and 800 was lowest they would go. I had my sales guy talk to GM about my concern about class action lawsuit. Go OVER the annoying finance people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got a great deal yesterday, and couldn't wait to share since I learned a few things by reading this thread.

2020 Forester Sport - Magnite Gray
Package #22

MSRP - $31,805
Negotiated Price - $28,108
Coupons - Chase $750 and SoA Loyalty $750
OTD - $26,608 + DMV + Tax & Licensing

Super happy with this deal!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got a great deal yesterday, and couldn't wait to share since I learned a few things by reading this thread.

2020 Forester Sport - Magnite Gray
Package #22

MSRP - $31,805
Negotiated Price - $28,108
Coupons - Chase $750 and SoA Loyalty $750
OTD - $26,608 + DMV + Tax & Licensing

Super happy with this deal!!
Awesome deal! Congrats!

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium and 2019 Impreza Hatch
375 Posts
Thanks. I’m debating on keeping or selling my ‘16 very low mileage Miata. I just don’t drive it enough and I know I’ll be much smarter financially if I sell instead of modding it. I want to get into biking and I think that can replace the car for fun.

Yeah, the finance people in the back are pretty bad and it’s a shame we have to end it that way. Nothing but fear mongers and it works on sooo many. If extended warranties were a good deal they would never sell them. I’ve bought 2 in my life. One I never used, the second one I traded car way before.
I just purchased my Subaru from Van Bortel Subaru in Rochester, Even though I live 75 miles away and near other dealers it was well worth it. They finance person was not pushy at all and moved very fast. In three years I will absolutely return.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
15 Posts
Received an email with the subject "Special Offer from Subaru of America". Two of the offers had a code and expiration date of 3/31/20. It was $1,000 off an Outback or Ascent or $500 off an Impreza, Crosstrek, Legacy or Forester. It also said "Cannot be combined with any other Subaru coupon, direct/email offer or promotional offer."

Is this the loyalty rebate? I thought it has an expiration date of one year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
UPDATED with all fees listed at bottom:

NUMBERS:
MSRP $36,785 Forester Touring with popular pkg 2 plus splash guards and rear seat back protector. (Not listed on sticker were some accessories that the dealer added, and since it was a car they had to bring in from another dealership, they didn’t know they were on the car and didn‘t charge me for them- door guards and pinstriping, which I’ll remove) MSRP includes accessories, pkgs and freight.
SALES PRICE: $30,260.76
PRICE AFTER tax, tag, title, dealer fees $33,500 (Agreed upon over the phone)
When I went in, he gave me the written price and I said I have this coupon too. Then, they applied it. No problem. (Dealer fee $995 -this was in VA, Maryland tax $1875.35 figured before the $750 Chase discount Is taken + $84.38 dealers business license tax registration, and title fee $284.50 for Maryland)
FINAL PRICE OUT THE DOOR = $32,750 after $750 Chase coupon
I think it was 82.3% off MSRP before coupon.
I think it’s about 80.2 - 80.3% off MSRP with $750 coupon.
All the info on this site has helped me tremendously. I hope this helps someone! Do your deals this week! Best week of the year to buy according to the experts!
My table of % of MSRP was intended to be price before coupon since that's an "after deal" item and 82.3% would be a new minimum which makes it not just a great deal, but maybe the best deal from my sample on here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I purchased my Touring on Tuesday, at Lithia Subaru in Oregon City, Oregon. The quote of the Touring with included popular package #2, rear seat protector and cargo net, and $1010 destination, for a total of $32,376. I opted for the Pulse flashing break light ($199), and with Oregon's 0.5% dealer privalege tax ($273), and $75 for 3 years of Starlink, the cost was $32,923. But then I had two coupons: a $500 loyalty coupon and a $750 Chase coupon, which lowered the cost of the vehicle to $31,673. I added lifetime oil changes (twice a year, cost = $649), plus license, registration, title and doc fees (totalling $541). So my out the door price was $32,863. I think this was a super deal

Lastly, I qualified for Subaru's offer of 0.9% for 48 months.

So I'm all smiles. Even when on Friday, my right front tire hit a nail and I had a flat with only 100 miles on the vehicle.
That's 88.4% of TSRP (before everything else) for that vehicle which was right at the Touring median.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Forester Owners!
Confirming that's a good deal - 85.4% of TSRP which puts it just above the min for the 14 Sport deals I tracked on here and us Midwestern folks always assume we are getting better deals than the expensive coasters. FYI, I'm done with my deal and just hanging around to see how well that table matches the new deals that get posted. Those coupons are a great bonus on top!!

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring (CWP)
41 Posts
Is this the loyalty rebate? I thought it has an expiration date of one year.
Loyalty Rebates are usable with other promotions and have a one year expiry. One must also request them, although sometimes a dealer finance person helps get one just to be nice. What you describe sounds like a regional promotion of some kind...

·
Registered
55 Posts
My table of % of MSRP was intended to be price before coupon since that's an "after deal" item and 82.3% would be a new minimum which makes it not just a great deal, but maybe the best deal from my sample on here.
Thank you VERY much for your input and your chart and numbers. It gave me a new level of knowledge, which helped me get a better deal than I was expecting to get prior to seeing your numbers. I obviously happened upon a dealer who needed to sell immediately to meet quotas, but you helped make my deal possible and I‘m very grateful!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
8 Posts
Thanks to this forum!! I saved an additional $500 towards my new 2020 Forester Touring with the loyalty discount voucher. I didn’t get as good as a deal as some I’ve seen posted here but I’m guessing it is because I had to special order mine. Is this the case? Do you get a better deal if buying off the lot?

·
Registered
41 Posts
didn’t get as good as a deal as some I’ve seen posted here but I’m guessing it is because I had to special order mine. Is this the case? Do you get a better deal if buying off the lot?
I get the same deal regardless and typically factory order, although three weeks ago we did buy Professor Dr. SWMBO's new 2020 Forester Limited off the lot because they had exactly what we wanted in the colors we wanted and there actually was a need to consummate the transaction then in lieu of spending money to repair an older Subaru our daughter had been driving. Some dealers differentiate; some do not. I get no-hassle 2% below invoice just walking in the door because of being a repeat customer and don't care to dicker other than on trade...which I got them to more than double their initial offer so the math worked for me. :) My Ascent Touring was a factory order. My previous vehicle was a factory order. I want what I want and that's the best way to accomplish that most of the time.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
8 Posts
I went to three other dealerships in the area and was basically told by all but Flo Subaru of Burlington, NC that if I ordered, it would be at list price. Flo gave me a $3200 discount which brought the price to $33900 before $650 Administration fee, $1128 in taxes and $101 non tax fees which resulted in out the door price of $35279 after my $500 voucher. This is for Touring model with popular package 2, rear Seatback Protector and trailer hitch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I went to three other dealerships in the area and was basically told by all but Flo Subaru of Burlington, NC that if I ordered, it would be at list price.
Stupid policy...a customer order is in addition to their allocation so they miss out on selling an additional vehicle if they drive you away like that.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forester Sport
the regular package 22 with popular package 2
MSRP 31702
Negotiated price - 27600 minus the 750 chase coupon. I wasn't allowed to stack either the ambassador or the subaru of america coupon else I'd gone with the package 24.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I couldnt get the dealership to stack the $500 SOA with $750 Chase... something in the SOA coupon made the dealer think that they wouldnt be able to reimbursed.

361 - 380 of 472 Posts