Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

241 - 250 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can anyone help me with this?

I am looking to buy a 2020 sport 24.

they gave me a sale price of the car at 31300.

I am still in a lease. They told me they would pay my last 2 months plus the lease fee at the end. That adds up to 1200. 400x3.

I did not know this but they do not just write you a check. they pretty much add it to the car price. So now the price of the car is like 33107 (they also added some fee saying its required, a $400 protection fee that covers a key replacement for up to a year???

So the price of the car is 33107, plus NY tax and doc fees it came out to 36066.

I feel like this is insanely high. I am looking to buy the car also. What are my options?

get a lower price on the car? they have the MSRP at like 33k, they gave me a price of the car at 31.

Should I just wait until my lease ends then go back to dealers. I do not see a point of adding the 1200 onto my financed money.

If my lease is done in may, will the sports even be around too much?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in CT? I am in NW CT so can purchase in CT, NY, MA, northern NJ. Though Ct is more convenient, I’m finding dealers not budging more than $1k-$2k off of MSRP, and non negotiable doc fee is $699. I’m a cash buyer and this seems unreasonable. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring CVT
1,084 Posts
I got $3k off MSRP at Ramsey Subaru not far over the NJ side of the Tappen Zee Br.
I even had them throw in oem remote start. Had to start for the door first but then the agreed. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I got an email from Chase saying that I qualify for a $750 coupon from Chase/Subaru off a new 2020 model. I do believe this is a targeted email. Here is the fine print.

Subaru will provide a $750 coupon to select current Chase customers who purchase a new 2019 or 2020 model year Subaru vehicle from a participating retailer's inventory by March 31, 2020. Not valid for any of the following models: 2019MY S209, 2020MY WRX or WRX STI Series.White, 2020MY BRZ tS. Limit one offer per qualified vehicle. One offer per new vehicle purchase. Not valid on prior purchases. Offer is transferable within the same household with proof of residency. This offer may be used in conjunction with low rate financing offers or special lease offers from Subaru Motors Finance^ (SMF). May be combined with any other Subaru promotional offer unless specifically prohibited by that offer. Cannot be redeemed for cash. Not valid in the state of Hawaii or for residents of Canada. Participating retailer sets actual vehicle price. See participating retailer for complete details.

It may work for you guys if you have an account with Chase Banking. You should be able to use it after dealing down with the price. I'm not sure if it would work with Loyalty coupon, but it doesn't hurt to ask if you get accepted. Due to some budget cuts, I won't be able to purchase a new Forester, but I am pursuing a 2018 Legacy.

Subaru Cars, Sedans, SUVs | Subaru of America > link to Subaru's site

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium CVT
107 Posts
Odd buying experience. Started contacting by email dealers on Thursday for a 2020 Forester. Heard back from 3 within hours. One, where we have our current Forester serviced, and where we visited and did a test drive, has not responded. I had the card from the salesperson I dealt with, and emailed him. No reply. This afternoon, emailed one of the sales managers. 3 hours later, no reply.

Is this common? I realize folks may not be in the office every day, but this seems crazy, especially for a potential ready to buy customer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone in CT? I am in NW CT so can purchase in CT, NY, MA, northern NJ. Though Ct is more convenient, I’m finding dealers not budging more than $1k-$2k off of MSRP, and non negotiable doc fee is $699. I’m a cash buyer and this seems unreasonable. Thoughts?
don't be a cash buyer. That does nothing for the dealer. Take the .9% 48 month financing which they appreciate more than cash. Tell them you don't need a new car but may be willing to buy one for the right price.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X automatic
36 Posts
The dealers south-of-Boston are quoting around $2700 off MSRP; PM me if you want more details re specific dealers.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Touring
2 Posts
I just ordered my 2020 Forester Touring Model today and it should be delivered by the end of April. I think a I got a descent deal as I paid $33,900 plus admin fee, taxes and tags. It has the Popular Package #2, Rear SeatBack Protector, and Trailer Hitch. I got the Jasper Green with Brown Leather interior. Is that a good deal on this model? Is $649 typical for Admin. fees? I wasn't sure that I should be charged such a fee but was told it was standard. My total out the door price was $35,778. Thanks for informing me and hello from North Carolina.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The dealers south-of-Boston are quoting around $2700 off MSRP; PM me if you want more details re specific dealers.
A big thanks to this forum for giving us an idea of what to aim for on price ("~$4k off MSRP"). We're quite pleased with our silver 2020 Touring purchase yesterday from Balise's showroom in RI. They were already the best price around RI and nearby MA/CT, advertised at $3500 off MSRP. (We had them remove the $132 all-weather mats that we didn't want, bringing their advertised MSRP discount down to $3368). Negotiations done through a couple days of email yielded another $622 off.
  • Options: Auto-dim mirror w/ HomeLink and auto-dim ext. mirror w/ approach lights, splash guards, wheel locks, rear bumper cover
  • MSRP: $36,590
  • Invoice: $33,914
  • Paid: $32,600 ($3990/10.9% below MSRP, $1314/3.9% below Invoice)
  • Fees: Doc: $400, Other: $220.50 (reg $125, title $50, title prep $20, temp tag $25.50)
  • Sales tax: $2311
  • Total OTD: $35,532
Combined with .9% financing, this was overall a very good deal for us. 😎

241 - 250 of 250 Posts