Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

221 - 240 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well here is what I paid for my 2020 Touring back in December 2019 $33,045 + $799 Basically dealer/prep fee and a $499 Electronic processing/E-Tag fee which I am still awaiting a full or partial refund on.
I previously had partial images of the bill of sale. I removed them since now I may have a dispute with the dealer until I am refunded the $499.

Bob

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,652 Posts
$799 is the highest doc fee I have ever seen. What is the $499 Electronic Processing/E-Tag fee all about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
About to purchase a 2020 Touring. MSRP: $36,505 Invoice: $34,289 Price: $31,750 plus dealer and state fees of $522 OTD price is $32,272
Only thing I can't decide on is Magnetite Gray or Crystal Black Silica.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Putting a hold/deposit on the below Forester tomorrow. I feel like the price is high compared to other numbers I've seen but this exact vehicle seems hard to find in Denver. My sales guy searched a 200 mile radius, and there won't be one on a lot anywhere in this exact configuration for 3 weeks. I managed to get them to add $500 more for my trade but they wouldn't budge on the selling price.

2020 Forester Premium - Ice Silver
Package 15

$27,718 + $599 windshield plan + $1500 Douglas County CO sales tax + $599 dealer handling + $27.20 temp tag fee = $30,443
Yes, that is a bit high. If you are willing to wait a couple weeks you should be able to get that car at a much better price. Schomp usually charges invoice and NO dealer handling fees so right off the bat you'd probably save almost $1000 with them. Invoice on your configuration is $27,346. But I found Groove to have better pricing than Schomp although you need to negotiate a little. If you go there ask for Micah; I found him considerate and easy to work with. AutoNation Arapahoe told me they would match or beat any offer, but when I called back later the salesman simply wouldn't match the prices I was offered by Groove and Mike Shaw Subaru (just north of Denver) for my Forester. My final price was hundreds under invoice after dealer handling. Most dealers will fully refund your deposit upon request if you decide not to buy the car.

I think you could easily do about $1500 better than your price with a little calling around if you can be patient. Also dealers can add the bumper cover and splash guards and might even throw those in free if you buy a package 11 (which would then make your Forester into a package 15). Also if a dealer is short on sales near the end of a month you might be able to get several hundred more off an in-stock vehicle.

·
Registered
Sahuarita, Arizona USA 2018 Forester Limited
1,652 Posts
Last summer I found that Valley Subaru of Longmont beat Schomp, Groove, Heuberger and all other Denver-area dealers, even after Valley's high $599 doc fee. Plus Valley threw in a non-SOA extended warranty for no additional charge. My internet sales person was Nick Tolley.

·
Registered
2020 Jasper Green Forester Premium
3 Posts
Putting a hold/deposit on the below Forester tomorrow. I feel like the price is high compared to other numbers I've seen but this exact vehicle seems hard to find in Denver. My sales guy searched a 200 mile radius, and there won't be one on a lot anywhere in this exact configuration for 3 weeks. I managed to get them to add $500 more for my trade but they wouldn't budge on the selling price.

2020 Forester Premium - Ice Silver
Package 15

Included options:
Mirror Compass w/homelink
Splash Guards
All Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Cargo Tray

$27,718 + $599 windshield plan + $1500 Douglas County CO sales tax + $599 dealer handling + $27.20 temp tag fee = $30,443

Still debating the windshield plan, as there are too many stories about $900+ repairs and my regular car insurance doesn't offer simple windshield glass coverage. But I'm ready to steel my nerves for the other dealer add ons I'll be turning down.
Agreed that the price seems high. I purchased a 2020 Premium for less than your price and it came with lane departure, dimming mirrors, keyless entry, blindspot detector, lane centering, and heated seats in addition to your options with the exception of the splash guards.

If you can hold out, wait or try to negotiate down some more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agreed that the price seems high. I purchased a 2020 Premium for less than your price and it came with lane departure, dimming mirrors, keyless entry, blindspot detector, lane centering, and heated seats in addition to your options with the exception of the splash guards.

Agree.. hold if you can.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, Ice Silver
7 Posts

It has lane departure, dimming mirrors, keyless entry, blindspot detector, lane centering, and heated seats plus the power liftgate. Package 15 includes all that. I also just found out it has the aero crossbars as well. I didn't put any money down on the vehicle, just a hold so I can go see it when it comes in.

I have a good trade - over $6k - so the actual price paid will be right around $24k when all is said and done. But still...seems high. The invoice price is $28,598.

·
Registered
2020 Premium, Ice Silver
7 Posts
Yes, that is a bit high. If you are willing to wait a couple weeks you should be able to get that car at a much better price. Schomp usually charges invoice and NO dealer handling fees so right off the bat you'd probably save almost $1000 with them. Invoice on your configuration is $27,346. But I found Groove to have better pricing than Schomp although you need to negotiate a little. If you go there ask for Micah; I found him considerate and easy to work with. AutoNation Arapahoe told me they would match or beat any offer, but when I called back later the salesman simply wouldn't match the prices I was offered by Groove and Mike Shaw Subaru (just north of Denver) for my Forester. My final price was hundreds under invoice after dealer handling. Most dealers will fully refund your deposit upon request if you decide not to buy the car.

I think you could easily do about $1500 better than your price with a little calling around if you can be patient. Also dealers can add the bumper cover and splash guards and might even throw those in free if you buy a package 11 (which would then make your Forester into a package 15). Also if a dealer is short on sales near the end of a month you might be able to get several hundred more off an in-stock vehicle.
My sales guy sent me a pic of the invoice price - it's $28,598. I will probably reach out to other dealers and see who wants to negotiate, as I won't even get to see the car on hold for another month. I'd like to take an in stock vehicle but I'm picky about color. This is supposed to be my 'drive the wheels off of it' car so I want to get it right. Silver is the safest bet by far but also the hardest to find in stock with exactly what I want. Truth be told, I'd rather have Package 14 vs. Package 15 but that's even harder to find.

·
Registered
2020 Jasper Green Forester Premium
3 Posts
It has lane departure, dimming mirrors, keyless entry, blindspot detector, lane centering, and heated seats plus the power liftgate. Package 15 includes all that. I also just found out it has the aero crossbars as well. I didn't put any money down on the vehicle, just a hold so I can go see it when it comes in.

I have a good trade - over $6k - so the actual price paid will be right around $24k when all is said and done. But still...seems high. The invoice price is $28,598.
In that case, its a good deal! I regret not getting the power lift gate sometimes as it was an extra $600+.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my forester limited recently with the following upgrades

Audio Sys & Driver Assist Tech & Htd Steer Wheel$1,695
  • Radio: Subaru Starlink 8.0" Multimedia Nav System
  • Reverse Automatic Braking System
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Navigation System
  • harman kardon 576W Amp & Speaker System
Popular Package #3$957
  • Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink
  • Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror w/Approach Lighting
  • Rear Bumper Cover
  • All-Weather Floor Liners
  • Cargo Net
  • Dome Light LED Upgrade
Included Options
  • Rear Seatback Protector$93
MSRP$34,850
Costco pricing was $31,462
I have paid 30,500 plus tax and title and documentation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey everyone,

Looking to buy a sport! Have not been to the dealer yet! Should I be aiming to get a 2019 or a 2020?

Do people use subaru fiancing or have been using their banks?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you please list the Dealer name/contact person? very good pricing.. I am looking for Sports trim but max discount I have seen is 3600 off MSRP.
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The dealership was Prime Subaru in Manchester, NH and the salesman was Steve Lantagne. The guy was amazing to work with. No pressure at all. His selling style is to educate you on the features and benefits of the car and not to bash any competitors or other brands. His pricing was also excellent. I ended up adding the 6 year 100,000 mile warranty to the car for $819. I was all set to buy a RAV4 Hybrid and never even considered a Subaru. However, after reading all of the reviews and accolades of the Forester, I decided to look into it further. After test driving the Forester and seeing all of the features and benefits, there was no looking back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey everyone,

Looking to buy a sport! Have not been to the dealer yet! Should I be aiming to get a 2019 or a 2020?

Do people use subaru fiancing or have been using their banks?
I used Subaru financing due to the special promo rates they just announced on Saturday 2/1/2020. We found the Subaru rates were the lowest around. Rates increase with the term of the loan, but they are all lower than we could find elsewhere. 0.9% up to 48 months, 1.9% up to 63 months, and 2.9% up to 72 months. Promo ends 3/2/2020

Also, if you go on the Subaru.com website under "Shopping Tools" there is a useful tool for calculating what your monthly payments would be. Cars101.com is also a good website that is managed by a Subaru salesman in the pacific northwest. It lists all of the latest promos and information on Subarus.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
just got a 2020 sport. 1st car i ever bought but i honestly think i did bad.

I live in prime NY. taxes are high and everything seems to be expensive.

2020 sport 24.

with taxes. 36066.

ouch. I hate NY.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,287 Posts
just got a 2020 sport. 1st car i ever bought but i honestly think i did bad.

I live in prime NY. taxes are high and everything seems to be expensive.

2020 sport 24.

with taxes. 36066.

ouch. I hate NY.
That is a lot of money for a Sport model. Many have gotten the Touring model for similar prices. Sounds like you paid sticker price for it.

221 - 240 of 250 Posts