Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am
Looks like a dealer is trying to profit from Subaru's prone-to-cracking windshields. Adding glass coverage via your car insurance policy would probably be a lot cheaper than the dealer's $549.
I'm with Geico, they don't have dedicated windshield insurance ( at least they didn't offer it to me) and my deductible 500$

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any other dealer located further south quoted similar price? I am about 4 hours (Durham, NC) and would like to avoid driving on freeways for the first 1000 miles due to break-in period.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2020 Forester Premium
Options package 14
Popular package 1
Fog lights
Splash guards
$29,056 + T&F + registration = $31,303
$500 rebate not included above

·
Registered
32 Posts
wow! that's an astonishingly good price. what state are you in? I'm looking for a limited with no options and would love to get it for 28k. Your deal should enable me to get at least that
He said he paid $29, 800 almost $2k more than $28K. I think you read it wrong.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Whoops!! I read your comment about wanting no options wrong! Sorry bout that. No idea how to delete a comment.
No problem. The basic Limited without all the "add ons" lists for around 32k so extrapolating his near 5k off list I should be able to get around 4k off list. I can buy weather tech mats and other accessories any time.

·
Registered
2016 Forester 25i CVT
183 Posts
Anyone here from Canada with experience in buying a 2020 Forester? Any good deals? My lease is coming up and I have shopped at 3 dealers, including one in Barrie. One dealer offered me $500 of the MSRP (only after looking it up in a binder), the others nothing. They seem pretty rigid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone here from Canada with experience in buying a 2020 Forester? Any good deals? My lease is coming up and I have shopped at 3 dealers, including one in Barrie. One dealer offered me $500 of the MSRP (only after looking it up in a binder), the others nothing. They seem pretty rigid.
wow.. thats ridiculous. I got 3500 off MSRP by using Costco Auto buying program. Have you tried that?

·
Registered
2016 Forester 25i CVT
183 Posts
I got quoted $34,688 and $34,020, including shipping.....for a Forester Convenience Pkg (Canadian $$). MSRP . No reduction at all on the first, $500 off the 2nd, for $33,520, plus $400 for block heater and $500 for security etching...total $34,798. This is my third Forester.

·
Registered
5 Posts
2020 Forester Limited
HK/Nav package #32
Popular package 33
MSRP : $34,757
Sale Price: $30,650 + tax/title/$150 doc fee

Also had $500 military and $500 ambassador coupon included in the sale price above.

Glad I traded in my 2019 Kia Stinger for this. I've previously owned a 2016 WRX and 2018 Legacy. Happy to be back in the Subaru family :)

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium, Magnetite Grey
2 Posts
2020 Forester Premium - Magnetite Grey
Package 14

Options Included:
Splash Guards
Rear Bumper Cover
Rear Seatback Protector
Auto-Dimming Mirror w/Compass & HomeLink
Cargo Tray
All-Weather Floor Liners

MSRP: $30,194
Purchase Price: $26,200
OTD: ~$28,335

I felt that we got a pretty great price for first-time car buyers!

·
Registered
2020 Premium, Ice Silver
7 Posts
EDITED.

Putting a hold/deposit on the below Forester tomorrow. I feel like the price is high compared to other numbers I've seen but this exact vehicle seems hard to find in Denver. My sales guy searched a 200 mile radius, and there won't be one on a lot anywhere in this exact configuration for 3 weeks. I managed to get them to add $500 more for my trade but they wouldn't budge on the selling price.

2020 Forester Premium - Ice Silver

Package 15

Included accessories:
Mirror Compass w/homelink
Splash Guards
All Weather Floor Liners
Rear Bumper Cover
Cargo Tray
Aero Cross Bars

MSRP: $30,852
Invoice: $28,598

OTD: $24,729 (includes windshield plan, dealer handling, taxes, temp tag, trade in, etc.)

Still debating the windshield plan, as there are too many stories about $900+ repairs and my regular car insurance doesn't offer simple windshield glass coverage. But I'm ready to steel my nerves for the other dealer add ons I'll be turning down.

Will update pricing as I get more info on the vehicle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Been lurking a while and taking the plunge on Saturday.

Buying a new Premium in Jasper green. However, since I am in NZ, our Premium is not the same as the car of that name in the US.

Our Premium is closer to the US Touring, but lacks a couple of minor things as far as I can tell - only comes with black leather (no brown), no heated steering wheel, no electric passenger seat, no adjustable lumbar support. I think that is it apart from obviously the lack of Starlink, sat radio and that sort of thing which do not exist in NZ.

Price is NZ$48,990 including tax at 15% (approx US$32,300), There are no option packs sold here. I did get 0% finance on the car over 3 years though and auto finance here would probably cost 10%APR so that saved a fair bit.

I am looking forward to it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good evening, we just joined the Subaru family for the very first time! Just put a down payment to order a 2020 Forester Limited. Red with grey leather interior, Upgraded Navigation with Harmon Kardon sound system, heated steering wheel, plus Popular Package #3. $33,500 out the door, after all fees and taxes.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS manual
11 Posts
Still debating the windshield plan, as there are too many stories about $900+ repairs and my regular car insurance doesn't offer simple windshield glass coverage.
Have seen the windshield plan mentioned but have not looked into. Sad that it is so unreliable that there is now a plan they charge extra for to cover it.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts