Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have been enjoying the forum since before I officially joined. Lots of great content and I felt like contributing some of my takeaways from our first year of ownership. Spoiler alert! This will be a positive review.
My wife and I purchased our 2020 Sport in August of last year. At the time my wife was driving a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. We had nothing but problems with it from basically day one of purchase. Fortunately it was certified and all the repairs had been covered. Our warranty was ending so we decided to move on from the Ford. Despite having two kids in car seats my wife wanted to downsize. We spent about 60 days researching and test driving every vehicle on the US news best compact suv list. Honestly I figured the CRV or CX-5 would be her pick. Trying to be thorough I set up a test drive for her of a limited Forester and to both of our surprises she really liked it. The final deciding factors ended up being the cargo capacity and the value. Even when I entered the dealership I was not 100% sure the purchase would happen. To my shock the dealer agreed to my terms without any negotiations. They gave me $2500 more for my trade than 5 other dealers had offered (loan payoff) and they took $3000 off the MSRP. This was my 16th vehicle purchase and by far the best experience I had ever had. With a fully loaded sport out the door for $30,800 with the factory included invoice accessories plus adding rear bumper protector and seat back protectors. On top of that 0% for 63 months and 3 years of free service. Icing on top a free ChewBaru ;). Since than my wife has loved it. You can check out my about section for the accessories and changed items. I feel a lot of the negative comments I read are based on poor comparisons. This is not a BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus. I truly feel this is one of the best values you can get. Is the car fast no it’s a 4-banger, but it’s fast enough. I feel the HK audio system is great. I added wireless CarPlay for $100 and it works great. Our last three vehicles have all had navigation, but after CarPlay with apple or google maps I will never spend the extra $$$$ for a navigation upgrade. First the maps are out of date almost instantly and upgraded maps are expensive and also immediately out of date. We just completed a 750 mile three day road-trip. Lots of different driving conditions with a cargo box on top and averaged 25.8 MPG’s (figured off receipts) which I was very happy with. Overall I would recommend the vehicle to anyone that asks. Never thought I would own a Subaru but I am happy we made the decision.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Sky
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 Forester XT
15,259 Posts
The Forester got the new Global Platform that all subarus use. Subaru spent 1 Billion dollars developing. Its the same for all models. You have to work at getting seriously injured in a subaru. You can google it.

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Forester Premium
15 Posts
I like the pics, it looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC (beautiful place btw). It's a great car for site seeing with the large windows.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome pics. Which cargo box is that?
Yakima Skybox Carbonite 16. Purchased at REI $599 +tax no shipping. I have used it three times now. This last time included very heavy rain at Hwy speed for about two hours. No leaks and not to much wind noise. So far I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the pics, it looks like the Blue Ridge Parkway in NC (beautiful place btw). It's a great car for site seeing with the large windows.
Talimena Scenic Drive. Taken near Winding Stair.
“The Talimena Scenic Drive is a National Scenic Byway in southeastern Oklahoma and extreme western Arkansas spanning a 54.0-mile stretch of Oklahoma State Highway 1 and Arkansas Highway 88 from Talihina, Oklahoma, to Mena, Arkansas.” Wikipedia

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yakima Skybox Carbonite 16. Purchased at REI $599 +tax no shipping. I have used it three times now. This last time included very heavy rain at Hwy speed for about two hours. No leaks and not to much wind noise. So far I am very happy with it.
Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello,
I have been enjoying the forum since before I officially joined. Lots of great content and I felt like contributing some of my takeaways from our first year of ownership. Spoiler alert! This will be a positive review.
My wife and I purchased our 2020 Sport in August of last year. At the time my wife was driving a 2014 Ford Explorer Sport. We had nothing but problems with it from basically day one of purchase. Fortunately it was certified and all the repairs had been covered. Our warranty was ending so we decided to move on from the Ford. Despite having two kids in car seats my wife wanted to downsize. We spent about 60 days researching and test driving every vehicle on the US news best compact suv list. Honestly I figured the CRV or CX-5 would be her pick. Trying to be thorough I set up a test drive for her of a limited Forester and to both of our surprises she really liked it. The final deciding factors ended up being the cargo capacity and the value. Even when I entered the dealership I was not 100% sure the purchase would happen. To my shock the dealer agreed to my terms without any negotiations. They gave me $2500 more for my trade than 5 other dealers had offered (loan payoff) and they took $3000 off the MSRP. This was my 16th vehicle purchase and by far the best experience I had ever had. With a fully loaded sport out the door for $30,800 with the factory included invoice accessories plus adding rear bumper protector and seat back protectors. On top of that 0% for 63 months and 3 years of free service. Icing on top a free ChewBaru ;). Since than my wife has loved it. You can check out my about section for the accessories and changed items. I feel a lot of the negative comments I read are based on poor comparisons. This is not a BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus. I truly feel this is one of the best values you can get. Is the car fast no it’s a 4-banger, but it’s fast enough. I feel the HK audio system is great. I added wireless CarPlay for $100 and it works great. Our last three vehicles have all had navigation, but after CarPlay with apple or google maps I will never spend the extra $$$$ for a navigation upgrade. First the maps are out of date almost instantly and upgraded maps are expensive and also immediately out of date. We just completed a 750 mile three day road-trip. Lots of different driving conditions with a cargo box on top and averaged 25.8 MPG’s (figured off receipts) which I was very happy with. Overall I would recommend the vehicle to anyone that asks. Never thought I would own a Subaru but I am happy we made the decision.
View attachment 559926 View attachment 559925

View attachment 559925 View attachment 559926 View attachment 559925 View attachment 559926
Thanks for posting!
Especially about having the cargo box on top and that miles per gallon good efficient vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts