Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Base - Magnetite Gray Metallic
Discussion Starter #1
Got this exhaust tail pipe at Autozone, adds 18 Horse Powa!! Installed by myself in the work parking garage.

Of course I would be parked next to a Jeep, which I am sure cost a lot more than my Forester. :)

Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
馃槀
Wow - 18 Horsepower with just a tailpipe.
You could probably get 500 more if you installed a widget that actually did something...
The JC Witney catalog is a great source for amazingly ineffective items if you run out of options at the zone...

Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
I would be freaking out if I had to park my new car wedged into those tight parking spots!

At least your new exhaust hopefully allows you to make a quick getaway.

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Put a giant perrin sticker and a random assortment of Japanese letters on the windows for more horsepower.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
馃槀
Wow - 18 Horsepower with just a tailpipe.
You could probably get 500 more if you installed a widget that actually did something...
The JC Witney catalog is a great source for amazingly ineffective items if you run out of options at the zone...
So are you saying my Forester is like an Android phone? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I would be freaking out if I had to park my new car wedged into those tight parking spots!

At least your new exhaust hopefully allows you to make a quick getaway.

Ya, well at least it is free parking and covered, so I can't complain too much. If I don't get in early enough, the few people that do park in the farthest right spot make sure to park more to the right to make more room. Hopefully I never get a door ding or worse regardless where I park.

Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
We have to wait until Subaru comes up with their own version of Hyndai's 'Smaht Pahk'.
Yeah, I'm not worried about getting the car in and out of the space, it's the guy that pulls in 12 inches away and uses your car as a bump stop as he bangs the doors open trying to get out while holding a briefcase and cup of Starbucks.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Put a giant perrin sticker and a random assortment of Japanese letters on the windows for more horsepower.
I already have a colorful Sabaru rainbow badge, isn't that enough horsepower for now?

Now that I think about it, I only put it on the Rainbow badge, #1 because it was one of the few badges that had color, #2 I thought it was neat, and #3 I like Rainbows. But I got a few comments of people saying you should remove that badge, because "some" people might not like it. :/

Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
It's your car, so do what you want with it. I honestly think its hideous but to each their own right?
You are the one who made the payments on it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
I honestly think its hideous but to each their own right?
LOL, IKR?!

Well at least it adds to my symmetrical badges? :)

Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
So are you saying my Forester is like an Android phone? :)
Hmmm... You must have one of those "special phones"... Mine doesn't have an exhaust system...
The comment was actually in regards to getting horsepower via a chrome exhaust... There are some people who actually believe that.

Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Premium CVT
Yeah, I'm not worried about getting the car in and out of the space, it's the guy that pulls in 12 inches away and uses your car as a bump stop as he bangs the doors open trying to get out while holding a briefcase and cup of Starbucks.
I don't know who would leave their defenseless car in an awful parking spot like the kind enabled by smaht pahk. It's just asking for dings.
Smaht Pahk - Zebra Corner

Registered
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
The OP couldn't park between the lines....
Fwiw, we are a small company, and we know each other, whoever parks in the farthest right spot (which is a bigger spot compared to the rest) park more to the right to make room for those that park going left from that rightmost spot. So that is why I am not between the lines. Also the fact that we know eachother makes it more likely that we wouldn't try to ding eachother.

Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
Fwiw, we are a small company, and we know each other, whoever parks in the farthest right spot (which is a bigger spot compared to the rest) park more to the right to make room for those that park going left from that rightmost spot. So that is why I am not between the lines. Also the fact that we know eachother makes it more likely that we wouldn't try to ding eachother.
You're lucky if you have co-workers who look out for each other. At my first base, there were 3 of us who "parked defensively" in the far corner of the parking lot to avoid dings.

Around here, people take F-350 Crew Cab Duallies into parking garages and wedge into regular spots. I've almost needed the "smaht pahk" just to get my vehicle OUT of a spot because I could hardly get the door open wide enough to get in. (I'm 5'11" and weigh 160 lbs) .

So, back to the original topic - are bodyside moldings on your wish list?

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
You're lucky if you have co-workers who look out for each other. At my first base, there were 3 of us who "parked defensively" in the far corner of the parking lot to avoid dings.

Around here, people take F-350 Crew Cab Duallies into parking garages and wedge into regular spots. I've almost needed the "smaht pahk" just to get my vehicle OUT of a spot because I could hardly get the door open wide enough to get in. (I'm 5'11" and weigh 160 lbs) .

So, back to the original topic - are bodyside moldings on your wish list?
Speaking of Base, I did my training at Fort Jackson, SC (US Army) and was then stationed in Germany for 3 years as a 63B or light wheel vehicle mechanic (Humvees, and other military trucks). I only served on one Tour of Duty, been a civilian ever since then, but will never forget being a soldier!!

We got a few Foresters, one is a 2018, and an Ascent in my co-worker group.

As far as the moldlings, I think they may be in my future, but time will tell.

Registered
2017 base model manual 6 speed
I already have a colorful Sabaru rainbow badge, isn't that enough horsepower for now?

Now that I think about it, I only put it on the Rainbow badge, #1 because it was one of the few badges that had color, #2 I thought it was neat, and #3 I like Rainbows. But I got a few comments of people saying you should remove that badge, because "some" people might not like it. :/
Looks nice the tail pipe.
Ignore the people who suggested to remove the rainbow. Their comments only show ignorance and disrespect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2019 Forester Base CVT
Speaking of Base, I did my training at Fort Jackson, SC (US Army) and was then stationed in Germany for 3 years as a 63B or light wheel vehicle mechanic (Humvees, and other military trucks). I only served on one Tour of Duty, been a civilian ever since then, but will never forget being a soldier!!

We got a few Foresters, one is a 2018, and an Ascent in my co-worker group.

As far as the moldlings, I think they may be in my future, but time will tell.
Please don't ever sell yourself short by saying only one tour. That's 4 more years of service to your country than many people. Thank you for your service!

PS - We were at Ramstein 2000-2003, during and after 9-11.

Registered
Got this exhaust tail pipe at Autozone, adds 18 Horse Powa!! Installed by myself in the work parking garage.
Of course I would be parked next to a Jeep, which I am sure cost a lot more than my Forester. :)
At 18 addition HP, has anyone done the math to find the break even point when a profit can be made? Or is it immediately consumed by the gigantic increase in speed that is generated?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts