Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2020 Forester Jasper Green
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Forrester
Just had my 45k service a couple of weeks ago. 47k miles on car.
Today it is 27 degrees outside.
The car's thermostat seemed to stay on longer (blue light thermostat) last night . Temps dropped over night.
Started car next day to find check engine light on, flashing 's' drive, No Eyesight or Collision prevention. The blue thermostat light stays on, seems like the engine is staying cold and I have no heat.
What the heck? Any ideas? Of course it is a Saturday and they are closed.

Thank you!

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
3,067 Posts
This could be your issue...

You would need to get the actual fault codes to be sure.

· Registered
18 Forester Limited 19 Forester Premium
1,148 Posts
^^^What he said. This newfangled expensive motorized computer controlled assembly is your thermostat. And it's not feeling particularly well...

· Registered
2018 Forester 2.5 Limited
35 Posts
2020 Forrester
Just had my 45k service a couple of weeks ago. 47k miles on car.
Today it is 27 degrees outside.
The car's thermostat seemed to stay on longer (blue light thermostat) last night . Temps dropped over night.
Started car next day to find check engine light on, flashing 's' drive, No Eyesight or Collision prevention. The blue thermostat light stays on, seems like the engine is staying cold and I have no heat.
What the heck? Any ideas? Of course it is a Saturday and they are closed.

Thank you!
I would bring it back to the dealer , I'm sure the 45K service wasn't cheap.

· Registered
2022 Forester Sport
913 Posts
Before running it to the dealer, you may want to stop buy your local auto parts store. Most will scan your vehicle for free.

If the code points to the Thermal Control Valve, take it to the dealer. That repair is covered by your power train warranty.

· Registered
2020 Forester Jasper Green
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you all know if I can drive it with that going on? I have no heat at all in the car. It also made these weird clicking sounds after driving it home. I don't think those sounds are normal but I am not sure as I didn't always just stand there listening to my car after driving it.

Thanks everyone!

· Registered
2021 Forester Limited
3,067 Posts
With no heat at all, I would get it scheduled in as soon as possible. Running it for too long with oil that isn't up to temp will create issues with sludging, and premature wear. Your dealer should be able to provide you with a loaner until they get it fixed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts