Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Touring
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone compared the two options and does the "center of the lane" really keep you centered or does it still move from side to side? That seems to be the only real difference between to new Forester and my 2019.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2020. The "center of the lane" keeps my car centered. The car doesn't move side-to-side.

I haven't driven a 2019 so I can't compare the two model years.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring
242 Posts
These are two completely different features. One is keeping you in the lane in case you're drifting out. It's in no way meant to be steering for you for prolonged period of time. The lane centering is a near-self driving feature, it's constantly steering and keeping you centered. They aren't meant to address the same task.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,836 Posts
Horrible feature in the '19. I had a loaner a week ago and it was something else. I turned off the feature. Also, let's not forget the worst feature, Auto Start/Stop.

·
Premium Member
2015 OutBack Ltd
3,135 Posts
Lane centering is in the 2019 Touring Forester???? I must have missed this. Perhaps it was switched off when we picked the car up last Aug and I STILL haven't taken the time to read the OM.......but, to be fair, haven't driven it more than 4800 miles.......jobs, moving and then, of course, the Kung Flu.......shows you how helpful the Forums are.....

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
276 Posts
Lane Centering is in the 2020. The 2019 has what they call Lane Keep Assist. See the posts above for the perceived differences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts