Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
2,155 Posts
The 2022 Honda Ridgeline with the dreaded auto start/stop Im looking at uses a factory installed AGM battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As do many other vehicles equipped with start/stop. We see quite a lot of start/stop Foresters have battery failures with the OEM EFBs… the owners that replace them with AGMs don’t seem to continue experiencing battery issues, at least in complaints on this forum…

The charging profiles of EFBs and AGMs are very similar.

Reactions: bman400

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
10 Posts
I'm at a loss about the OP problem. 2021 Limited here, first time the motor shuts down I hit the restart button which also locks down the shutoff?

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
2,181 Posts
The Subaru oem battery is not very good and they don’t last. Check out Interstate AGM group 35. donkey needs a good battery and look into a NOCO Genius battery maintainer.

I don’t have donkey (thank God), but will upgrade to an Interstate AGM. (I currently have an Interstate wet cell type). Great batteries.

Take good care of your cars. Slim pickings out there and I hear new 2023s are flimsy and cheap compared to Subaru of earlier vintage.

call SOA if the dealership keeps blowing you off. This is a warranty claim.

·
Registered
2020 Forester
27 Posts
As do many other vehicles equipped with start/stop. We see quite a lot of start/stop Foresters have battery failures with the OEM EFBs… the owners that replace them with AGMs don’t seem to continue experiencing battery issues, at least in complaints on this forum…

The charging profiles of EFBs and AGMs are very similar.
I've seen group 35 and 24 AGM duracell batteries at Sam's. Besides the dealer, who has EFB's?

·
Registered
2017 Forester
170 Posts
There must be a way to disable that crap. I would NEVER buy a vehicle that came with that b.s. First off, in hot conditions, the fluids that are moving around help cool the engine. So this stop-start business just wears and tears the heck out of an engine. This and stupid Key Fobs.

Give me a key or give me death.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
5,577 Posts
There must be a way to disable that crap. I would NEVER buy a vehicle that came with that b.s. First off, in hot conditions, the fluids that are moving around help cool the engine.
Coolant on some cars are now being circulated by electric water pumps!!! So what are you worried about. No other fluid left that needs circulating.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Sport
331 Posts
Coolant on some cars are now being circulated by electric water pumps!!! So what are you worried about. No other fluid left that needs circulating.
Plus temperature is one of the parameters being monitored by the AS/S, if the temp falls outside of the parameters, the engine restarts.

I'm not a fan of AS/S but since the automakers make it pretty simple to deactivate, not sure why so many get all worked up over it..................

Of course my son still runs into customers oblivious to it and bring in their new Subaru complaining about it stalling at traffic lights :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts