Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OEM Subaru USB Charging Point 2 Ports 2.1 AMPS H671SSJ003

The 2 usb ports that are for the back seat occupants, that I didn't get with my Base model...

Was it hard?

Any issues I should be aware of?

Any recommendations to ensure a smooth install?

Tips or tricks??

Thanks!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You ever get installed? I'm debating on installing one and have the same questions you asked.
No I have not, I did however install badges, lower skirt moldings, and a tailpipe. It is on my to-do-list. Feel free to be a Guinea Pig, since apparently no one has done it, or if they have they don't have anything to contribute.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I am now attempting this, but big issue...

See page 4 of 15 from this install guide...

disconnect the OE 2-pin black connector from the 12V power outlet, I am feeling it (or think I am) but I can't seem to get it disconnected. I only have the rear piece off, maybe I need to remove sides too in order to see what I am working/dealing with???

Please help.

TY

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
125 Posts
I'm not too sure, can't find reliable information but there's at least a piece near there you can take off that might help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not too sure, can't find reliable information but there's at least a piece near there you can take off that might help.

Thanks, but no it the one in the middle next to the seat. When they say the 12V Power Outlet are they referring to the Cigarette outlet which is in the center console?? Am I using that, the pictures kinda suck and they way things are you have to go by feel, which is hard. :/

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I finally got the darn thing unplugged, and of course, trying to plug in the new connection is even harder. being trying about an hour now, so frustrating!!

How hard it is to remove the rear console?? I got the shift knob off, but I really didn't want to have to remove so much stuff just to install this dumb thing!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I finally got it, I will put a write up soon, to detail all the crap I went through lol. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts