Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an after market trailer hitch for the 2020 Forester, does anyone know if the 2019 and the 2020 use the same hitch. Drawtite and Curt does not have the 2020 forester listed yet

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium CVT
31 Posts
I don't know for sure but I would assume so since the Forester was just redesigned for 2019. With the 2020s just hitting the streets, it will probably take some time for all the aftermarket folks to catch up listing 2020 gear.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
392 Posts
I am looking for an after market trailer hitch for the 2020 Forester, does anyone know if the 2019 and the 2020 use the same hitch. Drawtite and Curt does not have the 2020 forester listed yet
Check with your dealer parts department if the part number for the Subaru hitch has changed from 2019 to 2020. If not, your aftermarket 2019 hitches should fit the 2020s as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed a Draw Tite 36671- 1 1/4 in hitch on my brand new 2020 Forester Sport. It's the same one that all sellers have fitting on the 2019 Forester. Fit perfectly! I only use it for a Yakima bike rack. Not for towing. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Touring
2 Posts
Have you tried Uhaul? My dealer mentioned that they have good prices and can install them for you. I looked on their site the other day and I think they run about $149 or so. I don't know how much extra it would cost to install from Uhaul. Anyway, hope this helps.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
118 Posts
Have you tried Uhaul? My dealer mentioned that they have good prices and can install them for you. I looked on their site the other day and I think they run about $149 or so. I don't know how much extra it would cost to install from Uhaul. Anyway, hope this helps.
I had mine installed at U-Haul. The labor charge for installation was $30. The model numbers of the two hitch styles they sell are for the Draw-Tite and Curt hitches. I paid $185 total for the Draw-Tite 2" hitch with tax and installation but without a trailer wiring kit since I only intend to use it for a bike rack.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Touring
2 Posts
I had mine installed at U-Haul. The labor charge for installation was $30. The model numbers of the two hitch styles they sell are for the Draw-Tite and Curt hitches. I paid $185 total for the Draw-Tite 2" hitch with tax and installation but without a trailer wiring kit since I only intend to use it for a bike rack.
Hey how long was the installation? I only have one car so would probably have to wait while they installed it...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
118 Posts
The installation takes 60-90 minutes but it was 3-4 hours before they called to say it was ready. They did advise ahead of time that even with an appointment it would be a few hours. I took an Uber home and back again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ordered a Torklift Ecohitch 7391 (2") for my 2019 Forester. Torklift said on their web site that they were back logged with orders and there would be delay in shipping. They said they would email a shipping confirmation when it shipped. I never got a shipping confirmation but the hitch arrived 7 days after ordering. Not bad for a cross country journey. It looks very solid and well built. I haven't put it on yet but will soon. I have watched a couple of different installation videos and feel it shouldn't be too difficult to install.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Installation was pretty easy. The bumper cover comes off and goes back on easily. The toughest part is getting the muffler hangers off. That was a real pain and took some time to accomplish. Cutting the notch in the bottom of the bumper cover was very easy. I used a Rockwell F80 Oscillating Multi-tool. A fine toothed blade cut cleanly and the tool design allows for accurate cutting. Quality of the hitch is high, IMO. The hitch fit perfectly and everything lined up. Not a difficult installation. it took me abut 2 hours total but a significant portion of that time involved wrestling with muffler hangers. I don't have a lift so I was laying under the vehicle. I took my time with the process also. I was in no hurry to get this done despite the 35 F temperature. Overall I enjoyed the installation and am happy to have it installed. i haven't used it yet since I don't really need a bike rack in Buffalo in December.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts