Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Forester Limited
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to solicit info on where you put your phones? My iPhone XS in an Otterbox Defender is too big to sit in the tiny allotted area by the USB ports and I just want to know where the rest of y’all put yours. Plus this is a heavy combo making most of the vent mounts seem iffy.

Currently I’m sticking mine up by the info dash up top but that’s not ideal. I definitely don’t want to put a charging mount up there and get in the way of that display.

Photos most welcome!

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
379 Posts
Well, the first question comes up for me is "where do you want to put it?".... If you're not going to be looking at it while driving, I'd suggest the door pockets or the console cup holders...

While I don't have a 2020 Foz and I have a good size LG G8 android phone and just one of those hybrid gel/plastic cases, I use a mount that suction cups to the panel in front of the info screen.. It's an adjustable width that click/locks in place and holds pretty well. The phone is right up top to see for navigation or whatever.

I use a 2nd one of them in the lower bucket/cubby for my Samsung Galaxy A6 for my OBDII systems monitor app.

I bought them on amazon I think.... They look like this (and there are dozens of choices).

The suction cup is not a hard plastic - it's kind of gooey - and so it sticks to a bunch of surfaces... Once it is solidly attached (may take a time or two), it's good. And the rubbery suction cup is not a "one and done" thing - you can reposition and move it as you need. And you can rinse off the cup in case it gets dirty...

Then I just run the cable up the console to the phone and plug in. I have a small wire clip on the top under-panel of the cubby (just below the AC unit) to hold the wire and route it better.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
117 Posts
I have a mount that attaches to the bolt that holds the passenger seat, with an arm that comes up to about level with the USB port cubby. Works good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
1 Posts
I have a mount that attaches to the bolt that holds the passenger seat, with an arm that comes up to about level with the USB port cubby. Works good for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you post a photo of what it looks like and where you got it? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts

This was my solution and it matches the black leather pretty good. I bought this along with a 1' cable from amazon.
HERE

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts