Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
2020 Touring
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just got this thing 2 days ago. Already changed all the lights to LED and now have the G015s in 235 65 17 on the stock wheels.

I know some have had these rub in reverse at full lock, but I tried to get them to rub and they just won't 馃槢 very close though.

Anyways just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's posted similar setups that I could learn from!

Registered
2019 Forester CVT
If you get new wheels that's not factory offset you will probably rub when you go on bumps or a full car. I have the same tire size with a +20 wheel offset. Without a lift I will 100% rub and even with a 2 inch lift my front will rub on difficult terrain.

Registered
2020 Touring
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a small update,
I did get some slight rubbing in the driver side rear wheel well when off road and going through some large whoops , with the sway bar disconnected. Any other conditions still no clearance issues.

Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
A caution for this and other threads - marketing nomenclature like "Touring" isn't always consistent in different countries for Subarus (or other cars for that matter). Your saying "Touring" will make a lot of USA owners think you are talking about the top of the line, where 225/55-18 comes standard. I see on subaru.canada that it isn't. In the USA currently, the Forester model range from the bottom up is " (no extra name) / Premium / Sport / Limited / Touring "

Registered
2020 Touring
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@whobodym, you are correct in that the trim levels are not consistent across different markets.
However, that's really not a factor as this size wheel and tire will fit on any SK, regardless of trim.

Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
Here I entered the variables so that anyone can see the report of what it does and changes. I am curious how you find the driving experience with them. I would think the Subie would feel slower. Am I wrong in thinking that if the main focus is for off road that a narrower tire would be better? Its hard for me to tell sometimes if people are looking for a performance upgrade or a cosmetic upgrade.
Anyhow, congrats on the new car. Hope it treats you well for a long time.

Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring EyeSight
@whobodym, you are correct in that the trim levels are not consistent across different markets.
However, that's really not a factor as this size wheel and tire will fit on any SK, regardless of trim.
Of course - I was just trying to defend you from people claiming you didn't really have a Touring and/or not mentioning you changed wheels too.

Registered
2020 Touring
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here I entered the variables so that anyone can see the report of what it does and changes. I am curious how you find the driving experience with them. I would think the Subie would feel slower. Am I wrong in thinking that if the main focus is for off road that a narrower tire would be better? Its hard for me to tell sometimes if people are looking for a performance upgrade or a cosmetic upgrade.
Anyhow, congrats on the new car. Hope it treats you well for a long time.

The width increase from 225 to 235 is pretty minimal. G015 seems to run fairly narrow anyways so I doubt you would notice visually.
225/65-17 or 225/60-18 would be just fine as well, but I wanted to fit the tallest tire I could without lifting it.
I don't really have any driving impressions vs stock as these tires went on immediately, second day home from the dealer. But I have no complaints, off road traction was great and looking forward to testing in the snow soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.