Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my new base model Subaru Forester 2019 , I added a 2inch body lift, ready lift, and 17 inch bfg ko2 tires and method 502 rims . I noticed the sport model at the dealer and wasn't a fan of the orange trim so I decided to go my own way . love how it came out , I'm glad I decided to make my own changes . I hope this inspires you with your own ideas ! oh and Solargard supreme series window film 8% on the back and 15% on the front

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mpg

Looks Great! Those are some big tires! How is the mpg and handling with them?
Thanks , as far as mpg changes go I’m still on the very first gas when I bought the car , it has 220 miles on it right now ! So I’m not sure until I need to fill up a couple times what it will look like ! But I will post when I know !

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No rubbing

Any rubbing with the 245? I have 225/65r17 myself and planning on going with a 1.5/2 inch lift.
No rubbing so far ! Not turning the wheel far or speed bumps , but I did have to take the rear mudflaps off or else it would have rubbed ! I’m super excited to drive it around right now !

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Handling

Any rubbing with the 245? I have 225/65r17 myself and planning on going with a 1.5/2 inch lift.
I actually like the way it handles much better now , than the way it drove before I made the changes , the ride is smoother ! You can feel the knobby wheels , I’ve always liked that ! It doesn’t feel like it’s top heavy or lean on corners . I have a 4Runner I’m selling now and the body lean on corners on that is pretty bad !

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
No rubbing so far ! Not turning the wheel far or speed bumps , but I did have to take the rear mudflaps off or else it would have rubbed ! I’m super excited to drive it around right now !
That's great to know! Well, i went with 1.5"/2" lift from SLO. I was thinking about the 2"/2.5" but thinking with bigger tires and Rallitek springs, it's going to add another 1/2 to 1" height.

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
height

That's great to know! Well, i went with 1.5"/2" lift from SLO. I was thinking about the 2"/2.5" but thinking with bigger tires and Rallitek springs, it's going to add another 1/2 to 1" height.
yes the tires lifted it 1 inch and the ready lift 2 inches , for a total of 3 . honestly it looks higher than that . I'm really happy with the height its at . I'm curious about gas mileage not sure how its going to change that .

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lifted forester

Great question, im not sure either. Keep us updated, ill post too once i get mine lifted.
yes please do post after you get yours lifted I would love to see how yours tuns out . are you doing just a lift , or anything else? since the 2019 is pretty new its interesting to see the things other people do . I was looking into putting a trailer hitch on so I can put my back rack on the back end but it looks like its going to be a lot of work . it says you will need to lower the exhaust to put it on and some holes will need to be drilled larger :surprise:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was looking into putting a trailer hitch on so I can put my back rack on the back end but it looks like its going to be a lot of work . it says you will need to lower the exhaust to put it on and some holes will need to be drilled larger :surprise:
Lowering the exhaust is really no big deal. The hanger bushings pull off easily, especially if you squirt a little lube (WD40, silicone spray, etc.) on them first. Then support the exhaust with a strap, block of wood, etc. The necessity of drilling likely depends on the manufacturer of the hitch. The Draw-Tite doesn't require drilling. However, it does require trimming the exhaust heat shield but I believe a couple of other brands make this necessary as well.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
161 Posts
yes please do post after you get yours lifted I would love to see how yours tuns out . are you doing just a lift , or anything else? since the 2019 is pretty new its interesting to see the things other people do . I was looking into putting a trailer hitch on so I can put my back rack on the back end but it looks like its going to be a lot of work . it says you will need to lower the exhaust to put it on and some holes will need to be drilled larger :surprise:
So far i have wheels/tires upgrade. Once i get the lift, im also planning to do a tow hitch and an SSD light bar in the front. Do you have an IG, i would love to see your car posts. Mine is @Fozz_outdoors.

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far i have wheels/tires upgrade. Once i get the lift, im also planning to do a tow hitch and an SSD light bar in the front. Do you have an IG, i would love to see your car posts. Mine is @Fozz_outdoors.
yes my ig is blakedurant1 add me I would to see how its coming along ! I've been getting compliments by subie lovers

·
Registered
2019 Forester base Auto
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks

Lowering the exhaust is really no big deal. The hanger bushings pull off easily, especially if you squirt a little lube (WD40, silicone spray, etc.) on them first. Then support the exhaust with a strap, block of wood, etc. The necessity of drilling likely depends on the manufacturer of the hitch. The Draw-Tite doesn't require drilling. However, it does require trimming the exhaust heat shield but I believe a couple of other brands make this necessary as well.
thanks for the info , I've lowered the exhaust before on a previous vehicle , its such a pain . I hear u haul will do it for 100.00 that sounds like a winning bid :grin2:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
150 Posts
thanks for the info , I've lowered the exhaust before on a previous vehicle , its such a pain . I hear u haul will do it for 100.00 that sounds like a winning bid :grin2:
I installed the Draw-Tite hitch in about 45 minutes and didn't even lift the vehicle. In fact, I used my floor jack to support the exhaust. I would save your $100.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts