Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i've installed hood light on the SK Forester but I cannot for the life of me locate where to route the wiring to the cabin. So for now i've run it to the side thru the fender and the door hinge temporarily. Can someone tell me how to route the switch thru the firewall without having to drill if possible? Thank you!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,722 Posts
There has historically been a spot at the upper left (as seen from the driver's seat) rear corner of the engine compartment where stuff comes through. Is it still there in the SKs?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
176 Posts
Just left of the brake booster is a grommet / plug. Part number 90371SJ000
Remove the rubber plug.
There is a slice in the firewall insulation making for an easy pass thru.
Modify rubber plug as needed and re-install.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
176 Posts
I used this for a pass thru when wiring up the Baja Designs lights.
Inserted the wire harness into some corrugated plastic wire loom for added protection then stuffed it into the hole I punched in the grommet / plug.

·
Registered
2012 SH Manual Diesel
410 Posts
If it’s just a single trigger wire to turn on the light, you can route it through the fender like you have, and below the door hinge there should be a wiring loom that passes thru to the foot well. There is also the wiring harness in the middle near the door stay (door speaker wires, central locking, power windows etc).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just left of the brake booster is a grommet / plug. Part number 90371SJ000
Remove the rubber plug.
There is a slice in the firewall insulation making for an easy pass thru.
Modify rubber plug as needed and re-install.

View attachment 530402 View attachment 530404 View attachment 530405
So from the engine where do the wires come out from inside the car??? Im installing rally lights nd i just wanna know from engine to driver side where does it come out from driver side??

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
176 Posts
High up above the accelerator pedal.
It is pretty obvious to see if you shine a light thru the hole after removing the plug.
Easy-peezey!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts