Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the wiring diagram or pinouts for the Homelink harness for the rear view mirror? I'm looking for switched 12v and ground for a dashcam, the harness is too small for me to get my multimeter connected. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium
35 Posts
I too am looking at installing a dashcam. The dashcam I have has a separate hardwire kit that you can connect to the fuse box, so that is likely what I am going to do. I'd be afraid to mess something up wiring it up to the mirror.

BTW, do you have eyesight on your Forester? If so where to you have your camera installed so it doesn't interfere with the system. That is my biggest concern.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've powered devices from the Homelink wiring in my other Subarus, it's a convenient source and in the right place. I do have Eyesight, my plan was to put the camera to the right on the cameras. Not ideal but I don't want to compromise Eyesight.

·
Registered
2019 Sport CVT
519 Posts
There is a guy on Etsy making a pigtail that simply plugs into the plug that plugs into the mirror that is then attached to your dashcam. So nothing to take apart and completely reversible by unplugging it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A harness adapter would be great, though it looks like the MY19+ cars have a different wiring setup compared to the earlier cars. I gave up and paid for Techinfo and sifted through the awful wiring interface and sorted it out. Black is ground (easy), light blue in pin 3 (middle) is switched 12v. You can buy the Homelink mirror harness for small money and tap/splice/pin into that, plenty of room up there for a small 12v to 5v USB converter.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Premium
35 Posts
A harness adapter would be great, though it looks like the MY19+ cars have a different wiring setup compared to the earlier cars. I gave up and paid for Techinfo and sifted through the awful wiring interface and sorted it out. Black is ground (easy), light blue in pin 3 (middle) is switched 12v. You can buy the Homelink mirror harness for small money and tap/splice/pin into that, plenty of room up there for a small 12v to 5v USB converter.
This is beyond my skills but great help for those who can do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts