Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, but I'm trying to get it set up myself so if anyone has been able to do it, I'd appreciate a pointer

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
221 Posts
When we got our '19 it came with the first 30 days free. I waited a month until we took a road trip from Chicago through the Dakotas and Wyoming. Figured if we lost coverage with our Sprint phones we might be able to get signal from AT&T. Never really had much trouble with our Sprint connections but I tried the AT&T connection a few times just to see how it compared. It worked as well as our native phone connections. No better and no worse. I didn't see much point to $10/month for a 1GB data plan while we each already had an adequate data plan on our phones so I let it lapse after the free month was over.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
221 Posts
When we got our '19 it came with the first 30 days free. I waited a month until we took a road trip from Chicago through the Dakotas and Wyoming. Figured if we lost coverage with our Sprint phones we might be able to get signal from AT&T. Never really had much trouble with our Sprint connections but I tried the AT&T connection a few times just to see how it compared. It worked as well as our native phone connections. No better and no worse. I didn't see much point to $10/month for a 1GB data plan while we each already had an adequate data plan on our phones so I let it lapse after the free month was over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, it was too easy for a networking guy like me. AT&T did all the work under the hood so all I had to do was name the SSID and give it a password. Now I have to figure out how to switch the free 30-day account over to my wife's (it's her car after all) AT&T account.

I got 8Mb Down and 3Mb up when I ran a speed test from my parking garage in SW DC.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CWP/Brown 2018 Crosstrek Limited White/Gray
211 Posts
I have Verizon unlimited, pretty sure I can make my phone the Hotspot and connect my car to it. Haven't really had the need. I use android auto, connect to my home network to check for updates.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
325 Posts
We activated the service last summer while on a trip where the Verizon coverage wasn’t stellar, and we were nearing our data cap. It is as fast and reliable as one would expect for AT&T cellular (it is, after all, a cellular connection).
During our 30-day free trial they offered a promotion of unlimited data for $10/month so we kept it. we use music streaming almost constantly, so it saves on the cell phone data plans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts