Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Convenience
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today is a dry day. As I got to my car in a grocery store parking lot, a man told me that there is water dripping down underneath my car. At first I thought it's from AC condensation but it seemed a bit too much. I tried taking video many times and eventually got some shots showing water is from some hose above what I thinking is CVT.

Does anyone know what that is and if water coming out is normal?

Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @bman400 for your reply.
I didn't know there is a drain hose for AC condensation.
It's been a dry and cool day, AC was never on. Not sure what parts became cold enough. There was much more water on the original parking spot. I was surprised to see that much water. The videos were taken after driving to an empty section of the parking lot.

·
Super Moderator
2001 Forester S, 4EAT
3,398 Posts
You body while sitting in side the vehicle as you drive produces moisture. Not sure how you are certain that the AC was not on. Even here in TX or driving through very dry desert area, there is water dripping. Yes there is an actual hose for the AC condensate. AC units do 2 things: cool the air and dry the air. We rarely if at all drive without the AC on. Even when it's 20C, the AC on the car is always one, partially because our speed limits are higher and the wind resistance with car windows known negates fuel savings of leaving the AC turned off. When it's winter, we still leave the AC on to dry the air and we just turn up the air temperature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should clarify that I did not turn on the AC. Just trying to wrap my head around, if it turns on by itself then that's another thing I didn't know about. Feeling much at ease after reading your post.

There is a thread about AC turning on by itself. ('14-'18) - Air conditioner turned on by...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts