Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some weird problems that some of which I have not seen anyone else here talk about. I have not taken the car to the dealer for some of these specific problems as of yet. I have been to the dealer for other past repeat issues though. My first annoying problem is the radio stations disappearing. Randomly and sometime when I turn off the eye site feature from the dash button, all the preset radio station goto "HOLD" as if they were not programmed, and tossing all my favorites. This has happened more times than I can count. It almost appears as if the radio lost its battery power ( if that is what maintains the settings and not an EEprom). Also when I turn off the eye site it usually stays off even after turning the car off and later restating. Occasionally though when I start the car, the eye site is back on as if it had a mind of its own, and I have to agin turn it off. Then there is the tailgate problem. Occasionally when I go to open the tailgate from the button above the license plate, it just beeps three times and will not open, not even the dashboard button or key fob will open it. I have taken it back to the dealer twice for this. The first time I took it back they told me they had to reinstall the firmware, the second time they told be that it is caused because I pushed the button twice fast, or to many times before it opened. However the last time I had this problem happen, I was cautious not to press the button to fast or to many times, but it still failed to open and locked up. Not wanting to have to drive all the way back to the dealer, I read somewhere on the internet that if I disconnect the battery for 10 minutes then reconnect it, it will fix the tailgate problem and allow it to open once again. Happy to say that it worked and I was again able to open the tailgate. I'm not going to mention the auto stop/start feature that I hate. Can't get the seat to automatically move in position when I start the car either. It must be ghost feature.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic® CVT
316 Posts
Radio presets - The following thread provides a solution (you may need an update to the headhunt):

Rear hatch - Tip: hold the button down until it beeps and opens. There is a TSB on the issue. You should press your dealer on having the module replaced to correct this issue.

Auto Start/Stop -

Good luck!

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,897 Posts
@Malinim - While you may have some issues, it looks like you got nearly full service forum assistance...
Apparently, the issue not mentioned (seat position) was reported to be in setting up (or not) a profile and/or the car not recognizing who you are..
Don't wear sunglasses and learn the secret handshake before attempting to operate the vehicle and disable all the annoying safety features you paid for.
If that's as bad as it gets you are in good luck compared to those where the car suddenly decides you are someone else and moves the seat back while you are driving..
Caution - If your wife/husband/whatever has considerably longer legs than you, reaching the pedals may take some additional time and effort.
Gee, I have none of the problems you have as my car is equipped with the archaic and totally dependable simpler systems from a less "refined" era...
Stories such as yours encourage me to dis-consider an "upgrade".
Thanks!
;)

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to all who replied to my post. This is a wonderful site.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
190 Posts
I had to have some part replaced to fix the seat recall problem. It was something I noticed before I took delivery of the car so Im not entirely sure what the fix was as the salesman was very vague.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
10 Posts
I had a similar problem on my '19 Forester Limited. Dealer couldn't recreate it, but after 2nd visit they found the TSB, updated the firmware and the problem is gone.

Had a problem with my rear lift gate, too. It would randomly fail and beep. First trip to the dealer they couldn't replicate the problem. Second trip they could and replaced the rear gate motor under the TSB. Document the issues and be persistent.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
619 Posts
The head unit problems can likely be resolved with a software update from the dealer. Subaru has released several update versions since 2019.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts