Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Friday was our anniversary and I decided to go to Big Bear for the weekend. Filled before we left and again when we got home. Stopped at the same gas station and we got 30.86 MPG. It was only 208 miles round-trip but considering we drove up to over 8300 feet above sea level I think it did pretty good.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
6 Posts
I think the economy gauge on the dashboard displays either the instantaneous economy or the economy based on the last (adjustable?) measure of distance travelled or fuel consumed. So if you happened to look at it when going downhill heading towards the coast etc, it's not really information that indicates anything.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the economy gauge on the dashboard displays either the instantaneous economy or the economy based on the last (adjustable?) measure of distance travelled or fuel consumed. So if you happened to look at it when going downhill heading towards the coast etc, it's not really information that indicates anything.

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1
Doesn't apply to what I posted. I enter all of my fill ups into the Simply Auto app and it does the math. The millage listed it based on how much fuel I put back into the tank after our trip.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
267 Posts
I don't know how you did that.. you must have a special edition high efficiency forester. I get a consistent 25 to 26 mpg average and I don't have mountains to climb anywhere near 8,000 ft.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know how you did that.. you must have a special edition high efficiency forester. I get a consistent 25 to 26 mpg average and I don't have mountains to climb anywhere near 8,000 ft.
Our 2019 has the option to drive in Intelligent or Sport mode; at least I think that's what the "S" stands for.

We drive it in the Intelligent mode all the time. It's my wife's commuter car and she drives in Southern California rush hour traffic to and from work. She has learned the art of the coast and gets great millage.

Here's some pictures of the app I log everything in. Her overall average is over 30 MPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts