Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Forester Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my 2019 Forester the other day. The current weather location on the small upper dash info screen is not showing as where I am..I'm in NY and at keeps showing as a location in Connecticut. As I drive around it changes, but again to no where near where I am..

I can input a location but that does not change the current location..

I looked at the manual over & over again and I cannot find any way to correct this.

Anyone have similar problem and a solution

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Forester
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, although mine is showing that I'm in New York even though I'm in Omaha, NE. I can't find any reference in the manual on how to change this.

I have the 8" screen without navigation (just using CarPlay for that).

It's more of an annoyance than anything. I don't really intend to ever use that feature, but knowing that it's wrong will drive me nuts!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just picked up my 2019 Forester the other day. The current weather location on the small upper dash info screen is not showing as where I am..I'm in NY and at keeps showing as a location in Connecticut. As I drive around it changes, but again to no where near where I am..

I can input a location but that does not change the current location..

I looked at the manual over & over again and I cannot find any way to correct this.

Anyone have similar problem and a solution

Thanks

i called Subaru customer service, SiriusXM, and then went to the dealer. Customer Service and SiriusXM could not help. The dealer said the “home location” is somehow tied in to the closest Subaru location where they have the weather information And can NOT be changed on the top screen. Crazy! In my situation, that is like 40 miles or so from a closer location that I can input into the weather app. So the bottom line isnI can add a city but it only shows up on the bottom screen, not the top one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called Subaru customer service, SiriusXM, and then went to the dealer. Customer Service and SiriusXM could not help. The dealer said the “home location” is somehow tied in to the closest Subaru location where they have the weather information And can NOT be changed on the top screen. Crazy! In my situation, that is like 40 miles or so from a closer location that I can input into the weather app. So the bottom line isnI can add a city but it only shows up on the bottom screen, not the top one.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
195 Posts
I have the same problem being from NY. I can literally be in NYC and it still shows Stamford, CT... There’s lots of little nuances with the radio setup I wish I could change :-/

·
Registered
1999 Forester Auto
19 Posts
It is very simple. Go to the travel app. You need to choose a city as "Home" it will then display the weather for that city. Then when you set a destination and you arrive, it will change to the destination city. Not all cities are listed. You have to pick from the cities listed.
Check out the travel app in your owners manual, the Starlink supplement.

·
Registered
195 Posts
It is very simple. Go to the travel app. You need to choose a city as "Home" it will then display the weather for that city. Then when you set a destination and you arrive, it will change to the destination city. Not all cities are listed. You have to pick from the cities listed.
It’s not that simple. Tried this numerous times. Doesn’t work. I literally work in one of the listed cities. Never changes

Reactions: ddronron

·
Registered
6 Posts
The closest city I can set for my "home" is about 20 miles from where I live. Are you saying that the system requires me to set that destination and drive there, in order to use that as my home weather address?

·
Registered
64 Posts
We have the same problem, and have not had time to research the solution. It is interesting that those of us outside of New York have New York weather and those in New York have Connecticut Weather. Perhaps we should swap and at least some of us will get the correct weather. There should be a dozen cities closer to us than New York.

Is the only solution to install an app on our phones to fix it? We have no intention of installing a Subaru app.

·
Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
168 Posts
We have the same problem, and have not had time to research the solution. It is interesting that those of us outside of New York have New York weather and those in New York have Connecticut Weather. Perhaps we should swap and at least some of us will get the correct weather. There should be a dozen cities closer to us than New York.

Is the only solution to install an app on our phones to fix it? We have no intention of installing a Subaru app.
If you do not have NAV how will it set your location? Plus the weather and traffic is dependent on SXM coverage or lack of. The NAV units allow cites to be added for a quick list and the state of NY shows 20 cities available. Not a perfect solution but I found an iPhone app called weatherology which works with CarPlay and will play the forecast for your current location. When the free trial for the SXM weather, fuel, traffic, etc expires I will not miss it.

·
Registered
2022 Forester Limited
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I tried also..doesn't work. Even as I travel around, it almost never picks up where I am, as far as weather goes.. I've just learned to ignore it. I look at my Apple Watch & get more accurate information.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I called SiriusXM to let them know theres lots of people having this problem.. They went through the basic reset functions and I still had the issue. (Like I expected) In the end they said they would raise my case to upper management AND they credited my account about $19. I hadn't even asked for the reimbursement !

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I work for a Subaru dealer in their tech support category. I came here researching a different issue, but to change the weather over, go to your multimedia home screen - the one that shows all the icons for phone and radio. Hit the yellow apps icon and hit SXM Travel Link app. It will open up to a page that shows a bar with fuel prices, stocks, teams... on that bar hit weather. Hit add a location or change location up in the top right corner of the screen and find your state and city. It does go by nearest big city/metro area - smaller towns won't be in the options. Go with your closest big city for the most accuracy. Then you can hit the red X to exit that screen. In some Subarus that changes the weather automatically, in some you will have to hit add a location again and now select the city you had added from the top of the options for it roll over. You can see the weather on the Info screen above the radio headunit - change that screen by pushing the info button next to the source button on your steering wheel. Hope this helps some of you out!

·
Registered
Forester 2019 - Convenient
22 Posts
@tcensubarutech Hi,

In order to have the weather status in the Info Screen above the radio headunit, we must have SiriusXM activated ?

FYI, I don't have SiriusXM activated and still see it for a week. Now I can't get it back on any more.

Does it link to Subaru StarLink App ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.