Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So who's getting one?! Link HERE Also can put a 20" light bar instead of the winch. Has "provisions" for license plate.

Reactions: justjeepin

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Could be useful especially if you’re off roading in a Forester! You’re probably gunna get stuck at some point lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd like to see the light bar only option and also want to know how it attaches to the car.
I just think it’s exciting that more and more companies are making stuff for the SKs

·
Registered
2019 Forrester Sport
63 Posts
I think its installation will be very similar to the one made for Crosstrack. Check the video link below. It doesn't look super hard but definitely not for amateur. $179 seems like a great deal and Warn Axon winch 45-S (with 4,500 lbs capacity) adds about $580.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
43 Posts
I'm in!

$179 is the price of bad that protects the grille, I'm very curious hope much the bumper is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Mk2rocco I also saw $179 somewhere!
I'm in!

$179 is the price of bad that protects the grille, I'm very curious hope much the bumper is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
$179 is only for the "grill guard" .. I was also fooled at first

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium
45 Posts
I emailed Warn to ask for more information on the installation; I can confirm it goes on the same way as the Crosstrek (video above).

The bumper looks great, and I'm sure it's functional, but I'm not a fan of the removal of the bumper beam. This bumper might be durable and more functional, but it sits lower than the original bumper beam, and isn't as wide as the original bumper beam. I'm willing to do a lot to my car, but I'm not going to mess with critical safety components.

I'll hold out for something that doesn't mess with the built-in safety features.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll hold out for something that doesn't mess with the built-in safety features.
Unfortunately I don’t think there will be such a thing as if you replace the original beam with anything else it will change force distribution altering the way it behaves in a crash.

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Sport CVT
651 Posts
Bumper beam is gone. Woohoo. Here are some offroad videos of the lightign package attached to the bumper instead of a winch, which I am not likely to use compared to the lights.

The first is a short clip at a nearby golf course that has a storage container in the parking lot. I spend some time cycling through the lights shining on this can so you can see the difference in visibility pattern and colors between the lights. The container was about 15 yards ahead of the car.

The next two videos are me driving on a pretty rough dirt road near my home. This was a fun drive and I cycle through the lights and talk a little bit about the differences I was observing.

On this drive I hit a couple tight turns so you can see how the lights track the road. You can also hear the sound of the LeChute exhaust and AEM intake. They sound great, even with 100+ pounds of Dynamat and the windows rolled up. At the end I catch myself driving too fast. It was quite fun and this car handles amazing with all the performance mods done in the past year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts