Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'19 Touring here. I recently updated to Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA.

Since the update, Voice Command works fine with everything but when trying to interface with SXM stations...

"Satellite Channel [number]" --Works fine.

"Satellite Channel [name]" --No longer works. It tells me it doesn't recognize that channel.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Same. Glad to know its not just me!

Reactions: JuanGuapo

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring Automatic
245 Posts
'19 Touring here. I recently updated to Rel_UE.19.25.70 NAFTA.

Since the update, Voice Command works fine with everything but when trying to interface with SXM stations...

"Satellite Channel [number]" --Works fine.

"Satellite Channel [name]" --No longer works. It tells me it doesn't recognize that channel.

Any suggestions?
Speculating here: Sirius/XM changes their channel names frequently. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the voice interface doesn't get updated every time a name change is made. Did voice search for channel names work before the update?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speculating here: Sirius/XM changes their channel names frequently. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the voice interface doesn't get updated every time a name change is made. Did voice search for channel names work before the update?
Yep. I could say "Satellite Channel [whatever]" and it would go right to it. After the update, the name selection s

Honorable mentions...

"Satellite Channel Watercolors"
"Satellite Channel Real Jazz"
"Satellite Channel Road Trip"

It works fine with the channel # but not by name.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update.

I just got an email response from SOA, was told to let the dealer know, inquire about a fix at my next oil change.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
10 Posts
I guess I've joined the club. I downloaded and installed the UE19 update and lost the ability to go to a satellite channel by name. And as was said, every other voice recognition feature works fine. Since I see that others have been experiencing the issue for at least three months, hopefully we will get a patch update soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I've joined the club. I downloaded and installed the UE19 update and lost the ability to go to a satellite channel by name. And as was said, every other voice recognition feature works fine. Since I see that others have been experiencing the issue for at least three months, hopefully we will get a patch update soon.
Wait a day or two, it will update by itself and begin working again. As best I can tell, it gets updated from SiriusXM. Mine started working again after two days.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
10 Posts
Wait a day or two, it will update by itself and begin working again. As best I can tell, it gets updated from SiriusXM. Mine started working again after two days.
Thanks for the good news! Hopefully mine will come back to full operation in a day or two as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts