Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soo I just bought this truck a couple of months ago... I got a loner vehicle from a service and it had the 8 inch screen... I loved it.. And was pretty disappointed in the small lcd screen that I had.. so I wanted to see if I can upgrade it... Look over many posts seems like it can be done there are many different lcd screens..

I found one on ebay, I won for very cheap so I'm going to be attempting this and updating this post as I go..

I have a 2019 Forester sport w/eyesite non nav 6 inch lcd.

I bought part# 86201SJ630 a non nav 8 inch lcd from a 2019 Forester.

If anyone has done this and information would be very appreciated 馃榿

Registered
2019 Forester Premium Lineartronic庐 CVT
I've have done it. Information in this thread:

Make sure to read through that entire thread. There are install videos, removal tips, diagrams, and Subaru references galore that will be helpful in your installation.

Happy to answer questions. I would not have taken on the install (or have been successful) without the help from @OuchDamn, so, shoutout necessary.

Registered
2021 Forester Limited
? I never heard anyone call the forester a truck before haha
Depends on age and demographics.

Back in the 1960's, 70's, and early 80's, that's what SUV's were generally referred as. Mostly because they were just modified trucks.

Now days everything has to have it's own little terminology compartment. :D

I mostly call it a car, because car has become a mostly generic reference...

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well idk.. lol I called it a truck because my other "car" for the past 6 years was Mini Cooper, next to that anything looks like a truck.. so truck just means bigger, boxier and more powerful to me.... I say this all the time by accident.. lol I gotta start calling it a Forester... 馃お

Registered
2020 Forester Touring
I don't know if this is still true, but when buying parts for my 2001 and 2002 Foresters they used to show up under the drop down lists for trucks, not for cars.

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Soo here it is.... got it in the mail today, the 8 inch screen.. I paid 180 for it, so if this works it would totally be worth it... It came with small scratches on the screen, I'm gonna try to buff them all out before the install..

Attachments

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed it the only thing that's giving me a problem is the volume... It works from all controls on the screen display, but it don't get lower or higher....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts