Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3month old 2019 with about 3300 miles on it. I noticed the last 2 times I went to fill up with gas that I was only able to fill it just over 1/2, the pump would keep shutting off. I am suspecting an issue with the EVAP system? Has anyone else experienced this? I will probably take it to the dealer this weekend to have them take a look, but was just curious if this is a common thing.

2017 2.5i Fozy CVT
1,283 Posts
Does the gauge reading jive with miles driven on that tank?,,,IOW are you trying to fill up after 300+ miles on the trip meter?

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the gauge reading jive with miles driven on that tank?,,,IOW are you trying to fill up after 300+ miles on the trip meter?
Yea after the partial fill up just over half, I only got about 230 miles before the message came on about low fuel. Then when I went to fill it again I was only able to put in about 8gal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had the same issue with the last 2 tanks. I normally don't top off once the fuel nozzle trips and the gauge always reads full. A couple of tanks ago it only filled to 3/4 of a tank. On Friday, I reset the nozzle when it tripped to the second position and it took a fair amount of fuel. I have 5400 km.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts