Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive me if this the wrong spot... It makes me sad that they dumped the XT. So.. The question... Is their a turbo bolt on kit for the 2019? Test drove one tonight. A fileted fish had more guts. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,453 Posts
There is no turbo kit. Personally, I think the 19 is just fine. I have ZERO issues merging onto a highway or passing cars when I want. Is it "gutless" as compared to an 18 XT? I wouldn't have used that terminology, but certainly not "gutless" IMPO. If the 19 isn't for you, then just move on:wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I know it's a dead horse and i apologize for that but really wish they would have kept the xt model going.

·
Registered
2012 Forester X Auto
1,927 Posts
Forgive me if this the wrong spot... It makes me sad that they dumped the XT. So.. The question... Is their a turbo bolt on kit for the 2019? Test drove one tonight. A fileted fish had more guts. Thanks in advance
Not sure about the fish, but I also wasn't impressed.
To be fair, there may be some features (modes?) to improve performance that I didn't explore on my test drive, but I expected some improvements over what I already have... but it didn't seem that way to me either...
I was looking at track test results.. the '19 seems to be considerably slower in both 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile than previous years.
Maybe the testers couldn't find the right mode either.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD
595 Posts
Unfortunately the 2019 Forester as is, and with the infotainment issues that have plagued newer Subaru. Are shall we say, flying off the shelves. So from a business standpoint I'd say there's no incentive for Subaru to make another Forester XT.
Maybe as always one will get released overseas where emissions standards and whatnot are more laxed. But seems Subaru is going the hybrid, electric route.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
2,453 Posts
@JamesBond...not sure what you are referencing related to the infotainment. The version 3.1 Subaru HK head unit released in the 2019 is awesome and one of the best in the industry according to a few pubs. Very stable...easy to use GUI with both CarPlay and AA and 8" in size.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was considering to add turbo on my 2020, but I think this fish is fast enough for me when she rev over 4000. If you think you need more power, maybe you can try the manual mode to keep rev high.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts