Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2019 Forester Touring
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi. I've had 2019 Touring for about 2 months. Yesterday I pressed Map button and instead of showing roadways, I got a basically white screen with only the arrow showing my current direction and the right-side icons for traffic and sounds, and "menu" on lower-left corner of screen.

I used voice control to "Drive Home" and it responded that "route is not navigable." I then used voice control to "Navigate to (address)" and same response.

I manually selected my saved destinations and screen displayed "route calculation unsuccessful."

Any ideas on how to correct this situation before I make service appointment?

Thanks very much for any help.

Premium Member
2014 Touring with Eyesigh CVT
Did you change the navigation voice?

Registered
2019 Forester Touring
Discussion Starter #3
Did you change the navigation voice?
No, didn't change anything. Map worked until yesterday. Yesterday I pressed "Map" button and screen showed no roadway.

Whether I use voice control or not, since yesterday the map screen is now blank and white with no roadways shown; only things on screen are arrow showing my current direction and icons for traffic and sounds on right side and "menu" in lower left.

Premium Member
Then a trip to the dealership is warranted.

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Registered
2019 Forester Touring
Discussion Starter #5
Now I find that the car just did a map update and the map is back!

I don't know why a map update would have been preceded by the map screen going blank, but in any event it's good to have the map back!

Thanks for being there Yoda!

Premium Member
I am glad it all work out in your favor. I guess the doggone new fangled contraptions will Take Over the World!

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul

Registered
2019 Forester Touring
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again Yoda and johndixs.

My first new car since 2005. As much as I'm enjoying the car, and occasionally enjoying the "technological advances":wink2:, there are still times I think I'd prefer a basic-bare-bones-turn-the-key-put-it-in-gear-turn-the-radio-up-roll-the-windows-down driving experience.:grin2:

But despite the quirks and minor annoyances, I'm grateful to have it.:thumbsup:

Thanks again to you both!

Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
@Ps. 37 I see you attempted to edit your your thread title. Members can't edit the thread title once the the thread is published... goes live. It will appear the edit was successful, but the edit will only display within the thread & not on the forum thread list.

I'll add "SOLVED!" to your thread title. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: twospirits

Registered
Hi. I've had 2019 Touring for about 2 months. Yesterday I pressed Map button and instead of showing roadways, I got a basically white screen with only the arrow showing my current direction and the right-side icons for traffic and sounds, and "menu" on lower-left corner of screen.

I used voice control to "Drive Home" and it responded that "route is not navigable." I then used voice control to "Navigate to (address)" and same response.

I manually selected my saved destinations and screen displayed "route calculation unsuccessful."

Any ideas on how to correct this situation before I make service appointment?

Thanks very much for any help.
Does anyone have the problem I have that for my 2019 Forester sometimes the map screen is blank? I notice also the screen saying software updated when connected to my network also doesn't show and when I am stopped at a light in AVH mode, the center dashboard display doesn't change. All these problems must be related. It always fixes itself, in that the next day when I startup the car everything is fine.

Registered
Now I find that the car just did a map update and the map is back!

I don't know why a map update would have been preceded by the map screen going blank, but in any event it's good to have the map back!

Thanks for being there Yoda!
2 days later my map is still blank!!!!!

Registered
Can anyone list the actions needed to use Waze thru the hu in my 2019 Touring? I prefer Waze to the Nav and would also like the option to use one or the other. I understand that I need to plug my iPhone 8 into a USB port via a Lightning/USB cord but after that, I鈥檓 totally lost.....

Help, I guess wife and I shoulda had kids after all..........

Thanks to you all,

Steve

Registered
2019 Forester, Touring CVT
Can anyone list the actions needed to use Waze thru the hu in my 2019 Touring? I prefer Waze to the Nav and would also like the option to use one or the other. I understand that I need to plug my iPhone 8 into a USB port via a Lightning/USB cord but after that, I鈥檓 totally lost.....

Help, I guess wife and I shoulda had kids after all..........

Thanks to you all,

Steve
Take a look at this video. He mentions iOS 12 but the latest is now 13 which has improvements to CarPlay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts