Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Reviving this thread as I have the same question as the OP -- anyone with experience using a larger tire in the stock 18" wheel of a 2019 Forester without doing a lift? I would like to have a little bit more sidewall than the stock tires. A little more width would be great too.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Reviving this thread as I have the same question as the OP -- anyone with experience using a larger tire in the stock 18" wheel of a 2019 Forester without doing a lift? I would like to have a little bit more sidewall than the stock tires. A little more width would be great too.

Thanks for the help!
I THINK my setup may be the largest installed on stock wheels without any lift and without any rubbing at all.
The Hankook Dynapro AT2 235/60r18 is the width of a 245 at 10" wide and a diameter of 29.1". They weigh 34lbs each. There are no 245/55r18s all terrains. Going up a size to 255/55r18 is good if you want a lift but its confirmed to rub even with a lift but just a bit when turning. Yokahoma makes the geolander in 235/60r18 and they are a very popular tire but they are about 5/8" narrower than the Hankooks and I wanted a wider tread and a little more wheel protection. They are also slightly more expensive. Im not sure how well the hankooks will be in the long run because they are still very new but I guess we will see.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I THINK my setup may be the largest installed on stock wheels without any lift and without any rubbing at all.
The Hankook Dynapro AT2 235/60r18 is the width of a 245 at 10" wide and a diameter of 29.1". They weigh 34lbs each. There are no 245/55r18s all terrains. Going up a size to 255/55r18 is good if you want a lift but its confirmed to rub even with a lift but just a bit when turning. Yokahoma makes the geolander in 235/60r18 and they are a very popular tire but they are about 5/8" narrower than the Hankooks and I wanted a wider tread and a little more wheel protection. They are also slightly more expensive. Im not sure how well the hankooks will be in the long run because they are still very new but I guess we will see.

View attachment 522870
Thank you so much for the info! Your car looks great!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of 2015 WRX wheels of same hub and stud pattern off my outback. 235/65r17. Fingers crossed they will fit. I expect they will have 'front inner guard rub in reverse' . Heat gun should fix that if all else clears. Will report back in 2 weeks when I get home from holidays.
Resized_Screenshot_20191025-194108_Photos_519410765056439.jpeg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm planning to get 17" wheels with 225/65r17 KO2 tires without a lift.
That the exact size I've been considering for my 2019 sport, seems like when people go 235 they have to stop at 60. Did you mount these? And any issues or rubbing?

I really want to go slightly larger and down size the wheel to get the most out of the combo but if I had to, I'd just do 225/60R17 to play it safe. Also want to look at other tires, I know the KO2 are the benchmark,but ours will be my wife's daily driver and dirt is maybe only 10% of our miles, more if we can but trying to be realistic too. Might take the stick wheels and put snow tires on for a winter option, or a wet tire for spring and fall. In Oregon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a set of 2015 WRX wheels of same hub and stud pattern off my outback. 235/65r17. Fingers crossed they will fit. I expect they will have 'front inner guard rub in reverse' . Heat gun should fix that if all else clears. Will report back in 2 weeks when I get home from holidays. View attachment 527478
They fitted with no rub.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts