Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Voldemort, developed a crater in right front tire sometime yesterday and a cut sidewall. He has been driven less than 4800 miles. I replaced the tire and drove 200 miles home with no issues. Can I just keep driving, or do I need to: shave the tire or buy 3 more? TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Assuming that the replacement tire is the exact same tire as the other three...If the tread depth of all three "old" tires is within 3/32 of the new tire, you are within tolerance and do not need to shave the new tire. I would probably run the new tire on the front axle for a couple tire rotations so that it wears a little more than the other three.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assuming that the replacement tire is the exact same tire as the other three...If the tread depth of all three "old" tires is within 3/32 of the new tire, you are within tolerance and do not need to shave the new tire. I would probably run the new tire on the front axle for a couple tire rotations so that it wears a little more than the other three.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
JPL315
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing