Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the Thule Motion XT L (16 cf) Roof Box for my 2019 Forester. I have installed the OEM extended aero rack. Will the XL box be top long? Thoughts? Is there a better box?

·
Administrator
17,683 Posts
Very happy with my Thule box - it has traveled some of the hardest tracks Australia has to offer and still looks brand-new.

·
Administrator
17,683 Posts
@LaMula It's a Thule 900 so approx 600 liters / 21 cubic foot. I could carry a 2nd spare wheel, touring tent, poles, pegs, ground sheets etc. Also good for carrying snow skis.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Limited
15 Posts
I've been very happy with my motion xt. I went with the large as I felt the XL was to long for the Forester. We fit our 10 person tent, 3 sleeping bags, 3 camping chairs, and 3 sleeping pads. There's still a little space for small camping items too.
Automotive exterior Vehicle Roof rack Car Automotive luggage rack

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Motion xt in XL? My skis are mostly 185 cm long so the L would be too small. I have a 2017 forester. If I put the wingbars as far forward as they can go then it seems the tailgate would still open, but the box would be peering above the windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Motion xt in XL? My skis are mostly 185 cm long so the L would be too small. I have a 2017 forester. If I put the wingbars as far forward as they can go then it seems the tailgate would still open, but the box would be peering above the windshield.
I have the same situation and the same question. Do you find an answer on it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's a few of my skis in the Motion XL. Easily fits my 184-186's. Large wouldn't work unless you have a pretty short quiver.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts