Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2019 Subaru Forester

624K views 2K replies 335 participants last post by  columnshift 
#1 ·
EDIT: This thread contains general chat post the MY'19 release.

Kevin

#2 ·
Hopefully they do a teaser in Detroit for the 2019 Forester!
Hope they do more than a teaser. Lots of "all new" small SUVs out as 2018 and 2019 models, so if they keep the lid on until Fall, quite a few people will have already decided and maybe bought elsewhere. The Forester and the RAV4 are the only two "new" ones left that have not put out much info. Think it would be in their best interest to try to make sure that buyers still keep them in mind.

#4 ·
Hmmm: better than the outgoing model BUT why does Toyota keep making the lower grill opening so f-ing HUGE? All of their cars look like vacuum cleaners, the sedans especially.....the RAV body is okay and that interior with the stuck on iPad interface that is now so popular, is impractical.......anyone at Toyota ever hear of reflections and sun glare? My thanks to Tesla for pioneering this idea so the other manufacturers could "********" their way to using the same damnable screen placement.......

#13 ·
My summary of the show floor images: Nicer (Imprezza/Crosstrek) dash. Step backwards in exterior styling. Front end is fugly, way too busy. Not as bad as Toyota/Lexus though! It's possibly only the higher trims, but all the lower level fake dull chrome / silver accents - cheesy and lame.

Of course we expect better than the previous gen under the skin - improved chassis stiffness and handling, lowered NVH, better crash test performance. Engine?

#19 ·
Subaru has got to QUIT using silver grills on their cars....they look like a kid's mouthful of dental braces.....My 2015 OB had the silver bared grill, I finally PlastiCoted it because it was o awful.........cars need mouths.......part of their face.

BTW, while everything is subjective and everyone's taste is valid for them, I design cars for various toy companies (including Hot Wheels) and blacked out grilles are almost default because they look so strong and definitive.......garbage them up with silver bars and, all of a sudden, the car's face is......weak?

Have to admit that the last couple of hours before the reveal are great fun.......

Steve

#20 ·
We like the Saddle Brown on our Touring and the color in that sneak-peak looks really good too!

#21 ·
Subaru has got to QUIT using silver grills on their cars....they look like a kid's mouthful of dental braces.....My 2015 OB had the silver bared grill, I finally PlastiCoted it because it was o awful.........cars need mouths.......part of their face.

BTW, while everything is subjective and everyone's taste is valid for them, I design cars for various toy companies (including Hot Wheels) and blacked out grilles are almost default because they look so strong and definitive.......garbage them up with silver bars and, all of a sudden, the car's face is......weak?

Have to admit that the last couple of hours before the reveal are great fun.......

Steve
Yes. they use all black bars in the JDM grill and the Sport grill -- I ordered the '17 JDM grill for that reason. I had the Sport grill on my '14, but it's too pricey.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.