Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

2221 - 2236 of 2236 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
My kids keep closing the seatbelts in the rear door when they close it. Seems like they don't really retract too aggressively, this is my first Forester so I'm not entirely sure if there was a design change going from the 2018 to 2019 model with the refresh.

Also, noticing that CarPlay glitches a lot if I start the car with the phone connected. Simple solution is start car, then connect CarPlay after the infotainment is powered.

·
Registered
42 Posts
All, I am planning to order a Subaru soon but wondering if I should wait. When does Subaru typically end a model year and start up with the next model year? For some reason I thought it was usually in the May timeframe.

·
Registered
43 Posts
All, I am planning to order a Subaru soon but wondering if I should wait. When does Subaru typically end a model year and start up with the next model year? For some reason I thought it was usually in the May timeframe.
Just curious as to why? Do you really think there will be any changes considering the revised edition of the 2019? Do you feel the beta testers have provided Subaru with enough detail to make any significant changes? :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just curious as to why? Do you really think there will be any changes considering the revised edition of the 2019? Do you feel the beta testers have provided Subaru with enough detail to make any significant changes? :confused:

I am curious to this as well though. Even if nothing major changes, dealers might be trying to clear out for 2020s. Minor changes can also make a huge difference if you're keeping the car for many many years to come.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am curious to this as well though. Even if nothing major changes, dealers might be trying to clear out for 2020s. Minor changes can also make a huge difference if you're keeping the car for many many years to come.
I do not expect any major changes, but manufacturers sometimes make small (unnoticeable) changes. Some to fix issues, and I'm sure, some to reduce costs. Take my current vehicle for example which is an early model run: there are replacement parts I've purchased or looked into purchasing and the original part for my vehicle only had an availability timeframe of 1-2 years with a revised part released for the rest of the model run which is still compatible with my early model run vehicle.

I'm currently on ownership year 8 of my 2008 model year vehicle (purchased used in 2011) which now has over 200k miles. So yes, I expect to keep any new vehicle I purchase for a very long time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all,

Hoping this is the correct place to post. I took delivery of my 2019 Sport a month ago and it's been great so far.

However, after I washed the car today I noticed some bad discoloration of the piano black plastic trim on the tailgate below the rear glass. My best guess is that it was due to the washer fluid (Subaru dealer filled) that perhaps sat on the trim for a few days before washing. It's not very noticeable in low light, but in direct sunlight it looks quite bad.

Any ideas how to correct this? Pictures below.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I would think that coolant would leave a somewhat-greasy film on the glass as the wiper passes over it.

I know that Subaru's coolant is blue, but does anybody know the color of the washer fluid that the factory uses? Or is washer fluid part of the dealer prep?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would think that coolant would leave a somewhat-greasy film on the glass as the wiper passes over it.

I know that Subaru's coolant is blue, but does anybody know the color of the washer fluid that the factory uses? Or is washer fluid part of the dealer prep?
Whatever is in the washer bottle was most likely part of the dealer prep and I have not topped up any fluids since I received the car.

I siphoned some of the fluid out of the washer bottle and it is bright pink.

The coolant is definitely blue.

Have they mistakenly filled anti-freeze instead? Or got the dilution of a concentrated washer fluid version wrong?

I'll be having a conversation with the dealership today.

2221 - 2236 of 2236 Posts