Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Names Ricky Z and i just got my first forester in march. First brand new car for me. Was previously driving a subaru legacy 2012 premium that was "given" to me along with an 18k balance after collège. Knew right from the first drive that id be subaru for life.

After a few years of saving, i decided to casually look for a new car, was thinking about a WRX but the moment i saw the 2019 forester sport, i knew that was the one. Since purchasing it in march, i am beyond satisfied with it. Best purchase ever. Her name is Athena. In the 6 months, ive put 7k miles on her.

Anyways, now there are a lot of these babies around town. Understandable since were in the PNW and people like these cars. I want mine to stand out a bit and am thinking about mods now. Nothing to crazy, just wanna give it spunk so it stands out from the other sports.

Anyone have any comments/reviews about the LP Adventure lift kit? I wanna do wheels and beefy tires, lift kit, bumper guard, and a light bar.
I also want to paint the orange trim around the side doors, back, and front, a white color. Do you think plastidip could work?

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,832 Posts
@Kidrick10 welcome to the forum from Oregon!
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking Forester.

The advantage of plastidip is that you can change your mind and rub it off if you change your mind. I would think the orange adds to the uniqueness. It also ties the inside to the outside.

The question is: can you either remove the orange parts to paint or block off sufficiently to paint?

·
Registered
2019 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to try and cover the surrounding area and go with a silver/white color. I think that would look sweet! Ive just ordered the wheels, tires, lift, and bumper guard from LP Adventure. Ill post updates as i get them installed!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks nice. It’s hard to imagine what the orange accents would look like white. Post pics if you do that!

·
Registered
2019 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks nice. It’s hard to imagine what the orange accents would look like white. Post pics if you do that!
20191004_175153.jpg
20191004_175131.jpg

20191004_164657.jpg

There she is!! Finally done, 2 inch lift, bumper guard, Ford lights, tires and wheels and some decals!! Very happy with the results

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport
1 Posts
So you went with plasti-dip for the white trim? i ordered black vinyl wrap and its pretty tough (or im just bad at it) so i may just plasti-dip my trim instead. thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts