Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 603 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring 2.0XT
24 Posts
Cool concept, but clearly missing the classic C-window, standard since the first Forester, no? That would add the length. Looks like a Evoque/X2/Edge/RX designed for city-kids.

·
Registered
2017 Forester2.5i Limited CVT
799 Posts
I hope this is not the future Forester because it looks tiny and 2 doors. :( How in the world can full size adults get in it?

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5 Speed
118 Posts
Since I have a forester, I am a bit biased... but this "new" design (IMHO) should not be a Forester. It looks nice, but it looks as if it were designed specifically for the European market.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,877 Posts
I hope this is not the future Forester because it looks tiny and 2 doors. :( How in the world can full size adults get in it?
4 doors, look at the pictures from the link, the rear doors open the opposite way, back in the olden days they called 'em suicide doors, cause you might have to open them into oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
2017 Forester2.5i Limited CVT
799 Posts
4 doors, look at the pictures from the link, the rear doors open the opposite way, back in the olden days they called 'em suicide doors, cause you might have to open them into oncoming traffic.
Thanks for pointing that out. My eyes are not what they used to be.

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Touring CVT
69 Posts
Not so much suicide, but sliding--like a minivan.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,859 Posts
A production vehicle won't have those doors.

That design compromises safety because you don't have a solid B pillar. My old extended cab truck was not highly rated for safety because of the doors. This is why you see Chevy now making normal doors for their extended cabs.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring Auto-CVT
285 Posts
It'd be really nice if the redesigned 2019 Forester would be just a little bit bigger. I really could use an inch or so more leg room in the drivers seat.
Nooooooo! That's the point of the Forester. It's a small SUV. For people who don't need huge ones or even mid-sized ones. It's already grown significantly. I love my 2014 but it doesn't have the character of my 2001 and 2008. Bad enough I can't get it in a manual unless I go for the lowest trim. Any bigger and it will be a completely different vehicle.

·
Registered
2016 2.5S auto
246 Posts
The New Forester will be based on Subaru's new global platform as on display in the first model to take this up Being the Impreza. 2017 Subaru Impreza review | CarAdvice As such it will be slightly larger and roomier inside. Expect the New XV out mid 2017 with the New Forester due out 2018 according to Aussie car journalists.

·
Registered
2003 Forester AW Manual with low ratio
181 Posts
Oh no, No good to me for hauling logs, boating gear, the dog or grand kids and sledges around ( different times of the year). Definitely going too mainstream in terms of style, too much like a European or Korean city SUV for me, just hope it's an XV concept and a true forester comes along by the time I need a new one.

·
Registered
2019 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6AT
547 Posts
Between this and the hideous looking interior on the 2017 Impreza, things are not looking promising.

It looks like another run-of-the-mill SUV marketed to urban dwellers. Visibility (a hallmark of Foresters) looks like it might not be as good either.

What a shame.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5i - ES/NAV/RB - 225/65 17 Yokohama GO15, Primitive Skid Plate Method racing
265 Posts
Don't write off your future decisions based on the concept vehicle and the unknown.... while SOME of the styling or CHANGES .... MAY reach future production of SOME Subaru vehicles .... Keep in mind that concept vehicles are often not even close to what is delivered in production..

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
189 Posts
Between this and the hideous looking interior on the 2017 Impreza, things are not looking promising.

It looks like another run-of-the-mill SUV marketed to urban dwellers. Visibility (a hallmark of Foresters) looks like it might not be as good either.

What a shame.
Well, remember the squat little Impreza is competing with other squat urban chariots -- that's why there is a Crosstrek, for the other type of small SUV buyer. The 2018 Crosstrek looks a little squarer, more Forester-like to me than the 2017, which is a promising sign.

1 - 20 of 603 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.