Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
316 Posts
I presume you have both an iPhone and Android phone. Personally I have not had a single issue with Apply CarPlay. Only issue I’ve had with my 8” HK headunit was disappearing FM stations. That was resolved with an update to the the firmware at the dealer. Otherwise, unit has worked nicely.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
40 Posts
Yes. Tried it again an hour ago and everything was working properly. Turning the car on and off, locking and unlocking did not fix the issue while it was happening.

·
Registered
2021 Forester Limited
2,493 Posts
I believe you can also try holding the volume knob down for about 10 seconds which will cause the head unit to reboot.

·
Premium Member
2019 Sport w/ Opt 24 pkg CVT
39 Posts
I started to hear this rattling sound this morning when on idle on the dashboard (I'm guessing by the engine compartment). I can't pinpoint where the exact location is, its not too loud but definitely noticeable, wondering if any of you guys have that issue.
I'm hearing this now too, but it doesn't do it every day. It can be fairly loud when it happens, and eventually settles out and stops once the Forester is fully warmed up it seems. I'll keep watch of this and see if it repeats enough to get the dealer to look at it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had zero rattles until we drove to FL and started using the AC. I think this intermittent rattle is in the cooling/heating ducts and only happens at certain temps. Ours is now making this behind the dash rattle occasionally when AC is on.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring Mod CVT
11 Posts
Same problem

Does anyone know how to get the "Automatically retract seat on entry" to work? This is on a '19 Touring. It's a setting on the Multi-function Display under the Driver Recognition settings.

I've selected "yes", but it does nothing. I'll call customer service if you folks have no ideas.
If it's any consolation, I have the same issue. I have retract enabled but nothing happens.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Rubber band
559 Posts
Do you have to have a Memory setting set for memory seats so it knows where to go back to after entry?

·
Registered
559 Posts
And the '19 Touring doesn't have memory seats?? Whoda thunk. My '17 OB Touring had memory seats. Forester Touring is behind the times even for Subaru

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
1,223 Posts
And the '19 Touring doesn't have memory seats?? Whoda thunk. My '17 OB Touring had memory seats. Forester Touring is behind the times even for Subaru
Actually, my 19 Touring does have memory seats. The selection switch is on the driver’s door panel, forward of the indoor release handle. It also has the seat retraction option as part of the driver recognition system, but I’ve never set it up in the software or attempted to use it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Actually, my 19 Touring does have memory seats. The selection switch is on the driver’s door panel, forward of the indoor release handle. It also has the seat retraction option as part of the driver recognition system, but I’ve never set it up in the software or attempted to use it.
I still think it's tied to the memory seats. Seat retraction must know what setting to go back to. Maybe it just goes back to where it was and memory seats have nothing to do with it. If both memory seat options are used there would be two possible choices. Those are tied to the two FOB's.

Have you set up a driver profile yet? Maybe the car needs to know who you are. Da*m looks like it's one of those read the manual deals.:)

·
Registered
2019 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6AT
541 Posts
Let’s be fair to both sides here, and mechanical controls aren’t always easy to fix. In fact, one could easily argue software problems are much easier to fix...

No software or electronics involved in Takata airbags or faulty valve springs Subaru recently recalled, and the problems with both of them weren’t discovered until years of service (in tens of thousands of vehicles) had transpired.

IMO, it’s a “crap-shoot”. Anything as complex as a modern vehicle will always have weak spots... sometimes software, sometimes mechanical.
Speaking of bugs, I think I noticed a bug with my '19 Touring loaner a few weeks ago... when I started the car in my garage with the headlights turned "Off", the lights would be off in the garage, but then turn on as soon as I pulled out into the street and the light sensor detected darkness (it's dark outside when I leave for work). I had to turn the headlights ON and then OFF for them to stay off. Interestingly it only happened if I reversed after starting the car. It didn't happen if I started the car and drove forward.

Is this a known issue?

·
Registered
2019 Touring Forester CVT
45 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2019 Touring. There have been two trips to the dealer service department (the second one driven by an unrelated issue, but they checked the STARLINK issue again, as I had another red light after the first visit), and no one knows for sure what might be causing it. One suggestion was to remove the Automatic OBD-II dongle from the vehicle. I did this, since its functions are more or less duplicated by STARLINK, anyway. The problem has not recurred.
This must be what is happening with my 2019 Touring as well. I have a service called SilverCloud Synchronize that uses an OBD-II dongle to track GPS and other real-time data and send it to a web app. I also have on occasion gotten the warning email notification that my STARLINK may not be working properly. They told me they thought it might be a signal loss when I park in my garage at home after I told them I have a foil radiant barrier in my roof. They told me not to worry about it unless I get a notification on my car's screen (which I have not). Now I suspect (after reading this thread) that it is more likely interference from the dongle causing the problem. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

·
Registered
2020 Forester Touring CVT7
269 Posts
I still think it's tied to the memory seats. Seat retraction must know what setting to go back to. Maybe it just goes back to where it was and memory seats have nothing to do with it. If both memory seat options are used there would be two possible choices. Those are tied to the two FOB's.

Have you set up a driver profile yet? Maybe the car needs to know who you are. Da*m looks like it's one of those read the manual deals.:)
19 Forester Touring have

2 memory settings on the door (Set+Number)
memory settings up to 8 keys (Set+key lock or unlock)
memory settings up to 5 drivers (you have to do record/relearn settings after driver setup)
(15 total)

you can also setup key different from driver recognition
so the Key memory set to comfortable get in ... and driver recognition moves your seat again after you got in :wink2:

all of then includes mirror memory too...

·
Registered
559 Posts
19 Forester Touring have

memory settings up to 5 drivers (you have to do record/relearn settings after driver setup)
(15 total)

so the Key memory set to comfortable get in ... and driver recognition moves your seat again after you got in :wink2:

Good Info. Owning a Sport It's way above my pay grade. Way above the '17 Touring OB too. Folding Mirrors with memory was the one thing I was always jonesing for.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT
1,606 Posts
19 Forester Touring have

(15 total)

Mirror memory is great. Wish My 18 XT had it.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Limited
30 Posts
OMG, that happened to me yesterday when I pulled out of work and didn't know where all the water came from. Had to quickly turn on my wipers to see. Now that I realize this is "feature", I'll be prepared for it next time. Thanks!
With regards to rain water pooling on the hood, wonder if the Hood Deflector would help. This is listed in the Forester Accessories pamphlet.

·
Registered
2019 Forester CVT w/paddle shifters
26 Posts
Also have a vibrating plastic sound. I have 1700+ miles and haven't tried to locate the sound more precisely yet. Waiting to see if it goes away....
I had a small rattle in my '19 Touring that started a few days after I got it. Turned out to be my sunglasses in the little bin up near the rear view mirror. Glad I figured it out before going back to dealer!

·
Premium Member
2019 Sport w/ Opt 24 pkg CVT
39 Posts
I had a small rattle in my '19 Touring that started a few days after I got it. Turned out to be my sunglasses in the little bin up near the rear view mirror. Glad I figured it out before going back to dealer!
Same here! My sunglasses were rattling up there too, it took me a couple days to figure it out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
OMG, that happened to me yesterday when I pulled out of work and didn't know where all the water came from. Had to quickly turn on my wipers to see. Now that I realize this is "feature", I'll be prepared for it next time. Thanks!
With regards to rain water pooling on the hood, wonder if the Hood Deflector would help. This is listed in the Forester Accessories pamphlet.
I have the oem hood deflector. Haven't really noticed any issues. I saw once a tiny bit of water come off the hood landing on the bottom far outer edges of the windshield. Wouldn't have even noticed it if not for looking after reading this thread.

201 - 220 of 240 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.