Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editorial Content
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2019 Subaru Ascent three-row SUV has been priced from $32,970 in the United States including destination.

For that price, customers will get themselves into a base Ascent with all-wheel drive, Subaru’s EyeSight suite of active safety tech, a 6.5-inch multimedia display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, three-zone climate control, 18-inch wheels, 19 cupholders, a built-in security system with an engine demobilizer and seating for up to eight passengers.
Read more about the 2019 Subaru Ascent Priced From a Reasonable $31,995 in the US at AutoGuide.com.

·
Super Moderator
2018 FXT-T CVT / 2014 VW Passat TDI SEL
1,547 Posts
LOL

Reasonable for a stripped down base model. While the Touring version is almost $17k more...

These garbage articles are... Garbage.
I think your math is off a bit.

32k base. 45k Touring.

Regardless, 13k is a pretty steep variance between base and touring when you're considering the drivetrain is entirely the same. (aside from transmission cooler for tow rating increase)

13k for this:
All-Weather Package: heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors, and windshield wiper de-icer
5,000 pound maximum towing capacity
7-passenger seating w/dual second-row captain’s chairs (8-passenger seating unavailable)
Blind-Spot Detection and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
LED Steering Responsive Headlights
Power rear gate with height memory function
Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
Reverse Automatic Braking
Panoramic power moonroof
Exclusive Java Brown leather-trimmed upholstery
Heated and ventilated front seats
SUBARU STARLINK Multimedia Navigation
Harman Kardon 792-watt-equivalent 14-speaker premium audio system
Second- and third-row sun shades

Seems a BIT much.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,830 Posts
I think your math is off a bit.

32k base. 45k Touring.

Regardless, 13k is a pretty steep variance between base and touring when you're considering the drivetrain is entirely the same. (aside from transmission cooler for tow rating increase)

13k for this:
All-Weather Package: heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors, and windshield wiper de-icer
5,000 pound maximum towing capacity
7-passenger seating w/dual second-row captain’s chairs (8-passenger seating unavailable)
Blind-Spot Detection and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
LED Steering Responsive Headlights
Power rear gate with height memory function
Keyless Access with Push-Button Start
Reverse Automatic Braking
Panoramic power moonroof
Exclusive Java Brown leather-trimmed upholstery
Heated and ventilated front seats
SUBARU STARLINK Multimedia Navigation
Harman Kardon 792-watt-equivalent 14-speaker premium audio system
Second- and third-row sun shades

Seems a BIT much.
I read an article today that had the Ascent at a higher price.

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 cvt
183 Posts
Sounds competitive and my local Subaru dealers says they already have people on the waiting list .

·
Registered
2017 Forester
81 Posts
The base price is competitive, it should sell very well. I am interested to read if the 5000 lb. tow upgrade is just a transmission cooler or if there is more to it, like maybe upgraded suspension? If I were in the market, I'd be looking at the base + add a transmission cooler if that's all it needs to get the 5000 lb. rating.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
So what’s directly competing, Pilot, Highlander and Armada? I’m sure it will sell. May take away from the Outback sales.

Stan

·
Registered
2017 Forester Touring 2.5 cvt
183 Posts
So what’s directly competing, Pilot, Highlander and Armada? I’m sure it will sell. May take away from the Outback sales.

Stan
Or will being more people into the Subaru dealer , in turn sell more Subaru’s over all. I’m not the biggest Subaru fan boy. Yet, I can say Subaru is killing it right now. From the overall quality to the dealer experience. Subaru is doing great. Mazda needs to research and benchmark the Subaru dealers. At least the ones in Utah and Colorado.

We have 2017 Forester Touring and it drives fantastic and is a beast in the snow.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Sales have to come from somewhere, people will choose this over a competitor, or a smaller Subaru. Both the Pilot and Highlander are well-established and successfull models. This thing has a brand new engine, and Subaru has no experience with larger SUVs, aside from a poor-selling Tribeca. I’m sure it will sell, though.

I suspect it will be underpowered.

Stan

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
750 Posts
It is definitely too big and heavy for my taste (and I have 2 kids and 3rd to come) but I was wondering about engine/transmission combo. I hope it will show up in other models in years to come.
Looking at CVT 8 fixed ratios, if my math is correct, it looks like it has approximately 7:1 wide ratio, comparing to approximately 6:1 for XT in manual mode (I mode in D is just slightly taller). That is big improvement but what is disappointing is that starting ratio (1st in manual mode) is taller than XT and final ration (8th gear) is significantly taller that XT. I don’t know why they are doing this, XT starting ratio was already too tall...

·
Registered
Dodg Durango
1 Posts
@ALS I too am not a Subaru lover. My boyfriend has turned my head in their direction only because he himself purchased a 2017 Subaru Forester as of recent. However, I agree that this new SUV will bring more people to the Subaru market. I currently have a Dodge Durango and love the size and functionality of my SUV. The Ascent has a look unlike any other of Subaru's models and it has definitely caught my attention. Whether I will be able to afford to lease/buy it or not is another story.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS 5MT
671 Posts
I was told they should have them in the showroom in July, the dealer was hot to get me to order one, LOL! I haven't even driven it yet so, umm, no..

·
Registered
1999 forester automatic
6 Posts
2019 Assent????

I just would like to know what's the word from people who own ONE of these. Is it good or bad?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts