Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
2019 Forester Limited
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I posted about this a few weeks ago, but cannot find the thread now. I have a 2019 Forester Limited. All of my remote functions (through Starlink) work EXCEPT the remote start. When I try to use the remote start, I get the following error message: "Starlink services currently unavailable. Please try again later." For what it's worth, I have had my car since May 2019, and only tried using the remote start about 2 weeks ago. I have not succeeded in getting it to start remotely yet.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the app (several times). I called Starlink, and they advised me to take it to my dealer. Predictably, the dealer was not abe to provide a diagnosis. They did rule out my phone as the issue, as the manager tried connecting his own phone, and got the same message. They did place a call to Starlink for me, and Starlink opened a ticket on this issue and said that they will get back to me within a few days.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? Feeling very frustrated. 馃槖

Anne

Registered
2019 Sport CVT
Ever once in awhile I too have seen "Starlink services currently unavailable". But fo rthe most part it alwayss works. Considering how often that I don't remotely start the car, I shouldn't even see it. You would think by 2019 a simple phone app shouldn't be an issue

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
Maybe take your vehicle to a different dealer and inform them you took advice from Starlink service? Also try with a friends phone that has a different OS than yours. (like iPhone and Android) I personally have not had this issue. I use remote start occasionally.

Registered
2019 Forester Limited
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe take your vehicle to a different dealer and inform them you took advice from Starlink service? Also try with a friends phone that has a different OS than yours. (like iPhone and Android) I personally have not had this issue. I use remote start occasionally.
The manager connected his phone (an Android) and got the same error message. As for taking it to another dealer for service ... I appreciate the thought, but I doubt that they could go any further at this point. The service person ultimately ran an error test and no errors showed up. I did escalate it to the level of service manager.

Registered
2019 Forester Sport
I still think you should try taking it to another dealership or maybe call another at least. Personally, I have experience asking a few people the same question and getting very different answers.. Or maybe even calling Starlink back would have different results.

Sorry I can't help more.

Registered
2019 Forester Limited
I get this once in a while. I usually just close out the app and reopen it and it solves the problem. I love the Subaru app. I use it frequently.

Registered
Hi everyone,

I posted about this a few weeks ago, but cannot find the thread now. I have a 2019 Forester Limited. All of my remote functions (through Starlink) work EXCEPT the remote start. When I try to use the remote start, I get the following error message: "Starlink services currently unavailable. Please try again later." For what it's worth, I have had my car since May 2019, and only tried using the remote start about 2 weeks ago. I have not succeeded in getting it to start remotely yet.

I have tried deleting and re-installing the app (several times). I called Starlink, and they advised me to take it to my dealer. Predictably, the dealer was not abe to provide a diagnosis. They did rule out my phone as the issue, as the manager tried connecting his own phone, and got the same message. They did place a call to Starlink for me, and Starlink opened a ticket on this issue and said that they will get back to me within a few days.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what was the resolution? Feeling very frustrated. 馃槖

Anne
I, too, am having this same message show up....I have deleted the app twice ( however it DID work a few times before I did that). curiously, my car will start from my computer at work, but not from my phone sitting at the same spot. I got the same message this morning ( my phone showed little service available), but when I walked back to my phone after putting on my coat....I had the message AND a started car in my drive !! HUH ? I also saw that on my computer starlink, my particular phone wasn't listed ( a samsung Galaxy S10, huh ?), so i had to choose the S9....but once in my car...it recognized it as an S10. I am wondering if there is an issue with a phone update ? especially now that I see that you are having the same message.

I think there are too many fingers in the "pie" of the electronics....each hand doesn't know what the other is doing....

hope we can figure it out...

J

Registered
Hi everyone,

Anne
Hi. Am having exact same issue in new 2021 ascent. Did you ever get it resolved ? If so, how ? Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts