Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
The e-mail I got didn't come from Subaru of America, per se, it came from Subaru-Maps.com, I.E., the website you go to download the updater tool, which is run by Harmon. I'm assuming that only those of us that previously downloaded the Map Updater tool and registered it with our VIN#'s got an e-mail. No one should be expecting to get an e-mail from Subaru of America as I doubt they want to encourage non-tech-savvy owners trying to do this update themselves.
I received the email and had not previously downloaded the Map Updater tool or registered on the site with my VIN. I'm a first time user of the site and the Map Updater.

I received the email on 2/25/2020. Sign-up and VIN registration process on the site went smooth as did the download to USB and install in the car on 2/25/2020.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone done a Starlink map update recently? Like this past weekend? My first try (2020 Forester) failed with both options. In the car, once I got the "check for updates" to be un-grayed out, it failed says I needed to be on wifi. I was. So I tried option two, down loaded the app on a Windows PC. When the map Loader fires up and I try to login it tells me to check my internet connection. Which is fine. So I suspect that the actual site that contains the map data is down, but interested to know if anyone else has had trouble or success recently. I sent this in to the support folks this past weekend, but have not gotten any response.

·
Registered
2019 Touring
218 Posts
Has anyone done a Starlink map update recently? Like this past weekend? My first try (2020 Forester) failed with both options. In the car, once I got the "check for updates" to be un-grayed out, it failed says I needed to be on wifi. I was. So I tried option two, down loaded the app on a Windows PC. When the map Loader fires up and I try to login it tells me to check my internet connection. Which is fine. So I suspect that the actual site that contains the map data is down, but interested to know if anyone else has had trouble or success recently. I sent this in to the support folks this past weekend, but have not gotten any response.
I did mine a few weeks ago, it's first update since I bought the car a year ago and it took about 20 minutes to upload from my thumb drive. Tom Tom stinks and just about everything is outdated. I have several Garmin and there is no comparison. The mapping on my smartphone is much better. I only like it because it's in the console and convenient. I would never pay extra for it again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did mine a few weeks ago, it's first update since I bought the car a year ago and it took about 20 minutes to upload from my thumb drive. Tom Tom stinks and just about everything is outdated. I have several Garmin and there is no comparison. The mapping on my smartphone is much better. I only like it because it's in the console and convenient. I would never pay extra for it again.
Yes, we typically use waze anyway, so the maps are not a big issue. Its the overall Starlink update that I was more interested in getting.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts