Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase the sport grill for my 2019 Touring. Chrome trim with black mesh. Called the parts department but they gave me an answer I didn’t want to believe lol. They told me there was no option to swap it out on the Touring and Premium models.. I thought the front grills of all the trims had the same mounting points.. anyone have some insight? Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 canadian convenience
240 Posts
Check in the member's gallery, There is a post with a white one that has the black sport one on a Touring/Limited. Look for Moraine in the topic name

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@z32 fairlady I ordered a chrome sport grill for my touring in hopes the chrome matched the trim on the hood. Should arrive in a week or so. I’ll post updates

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got the grill in a little earlier than expected and installed it tonight. I didn't remove the bumper and it was still a pretty easy swap. REALLY like how it looks.
IMG_0899.jpeg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize now my original post might have been confusing. ... I installed the Sport Mesh grille. Not to be confused with the grill that comes ON the Sport Trim Level lol

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Package 15
348 Posts
How hard was it to remove the default grille without taking off the bumper? I'm considering doing this to remove the chrome "wing" like accent piece around the star cluster.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Pilot1226 Wasn't hard at all and in my opinion, completely unnecessary to remove the entire bumper. I know there's either written instructions or a YouTube video that say you should, but I didnt ... I think the "wing" you're talking about is technically on the hood tho.. I am going to spray the "wing" with black plastidip and then hit it with some gloss. I hope I get the look I'm going for and it doesnt look sloppy. Ill post some updated pictures when that process is done.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Premium Package 15
348 Posts
Sounds great thanks. I found the part number and I’ll check it out today and see. You’re thinking it is just connected by the little clips?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AH. You found the part number of the "wing?" Please share! I was looking at the hood last week and if I remember correctly, it looks like there's some little nuts (HAHA) that can be unscrewed to remove that part of the trim.

·
Registered
11 Posts
@DenGas144 - looks great! How did you do it without removing the bumper? I'm looking at add the sport grill myself, but didn't want to deal with removing the front bumper. I've watched the videos that show how to remove it, but didn't realize I could do the grill with it still on!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Used some plasti-dip on the “wings” on either side of the Subaru emblem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts