Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends,

I am leasing a forester sports 2019 white model in Toronto. I love every aspect of this car.
I am experiencing a weird issue with Apple carplay. Sometimes it doesn't recognize the apple car play. I had to reset the Head unit each time i experience this issue. it instantly recognize the apple car play right after i reset the headunit.

Anyone has a similar issues ? I am using iPhone 8 plus , IOS latest General version and original USB cable from apple. I rely on google maps a lot to travel to Dark sky areas . I have a garmin GPS unit as a backup but I love the headunit display a lot better than mounting the GPS unit on my windshield. I have seen quite number of people in reddit suggesting upgrade the headunit. I am not sure how this can be done. Let me know your thoughts.

Sumesh

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport Auto
127 Posts
I had it happen once and had to force restart the radio by holding in the volume button for lie 15 seconds then I had to turn off car, open door and then restart. At least I think that's what I did as it was a moth or two ago. Best would be to schedule an appointment and have the software on the radio upgraded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were having issues with connecting to apple car play, too. I noticed that sometime when I would plug in my phone and put the car in reverse that this messed up the car play connection. Something to do with the system switching from home screen to reverse camera would mess up the connection. Not sure if this is a fix for you or not though.

·
Registered
2019 Forester
159 Posts
I have found occasionally that CarPlay didn't like it when I plugged in before or when I started car. I found if I wait 30 seconds or so after start much more reliable

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport CVT
210 Posts
Subaru's infotainment system has to be the worst stereo system I've ever owned in a vehicle. Kind of a useless system, bluetooth media play is terrible and you are forced to enable Siri to even allow a usb connection for Carplay. Zero features for Canadian owners,

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
147 Posts
If you have a case on the iPhone make sure it is seated all the way in the cable. It has happen to me on occasion.
lou cioccio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts